DAMIAN(6)

As Damian flipped the page of his book, he heard an odd sound and looked in that direction. The sound came from Chris, who had been sleeping sprawled out on the sofa but fell to the floor when he tossed in his sleep. The sight of Chris climbing back onto the sofa made Damian chuckle.

Even though vacation had already began, Chris remained at the Academy. And whenever it was time to eat, he would knock on the door of Damian's room. Once it reached the third day, Damien asked Chris why he wasn't going home, and Chris scratched his head, looking awkward and replied.

[I feel like things got bigger because I got involved and all the blame was shifted to you. I know you never went against those guys before. Because of me, your fight with them got bigger and you were even punished with suspension.]

[It's not your fault.]

[I feel terrible, I can't just go home like this. I'll stay and be punished with you. Uh...Am I bothering you by any chance? If you tell me not to come, I won't.]

Even though he said that, it was glaringly obvious that Chris was worried that he was really being a bother, so Damian couldn't tell him not to come to his face.

[...Do what you want.]

And so from the next morning onwards, Chris came to Damian's room to kill time and stayed until it was late as if it was his own room. He wasn't doing anything much. He didn't disturb Damian's reading, he played with the fox, then picked up a book and if that was boring too, he took a nap. The interesting part was that Asha, who was usually shy of strangers, quickly became friendly with Chris. For Damian, it was his first time dealing with a guy like Chris who approached him so cheekily. He didn't know how to handle him but he didn't hate it.

"Damian."

"What."

"Is it time for dinner yet?"

"Lunch wasn't that long ago."

"Time is moving really slow today, must be because it's the last day. Is your name your real one?"

According to the academy's policy, when a teacher called a student, or when students referred to each other, they must be called by their names, not honorary title, regardless of their status. Many of the students who found it insulting to have anyone call their noble name, registered a pseudonym for use only in the academy.

"Yes, it is." (Damian)

"Mine is my real name too. Will you keep staying at the academy during the vacation?"

"I have to go home."

"Ah...you're going home."

Chris wanted to invite him to his house, but could only smack his lips with regret. After their brief conversation ended, Chris sprawled himself across the sofa again and when he heard a knock on the door, he abruptly lifted his head. Damian put his book down and fixed his gaze on the door too. When the knock on the door came a second time, Chris sprang to his feet.

"I'll get it."

Chris ran to the door and opened it.

* * *

Hugo glanced at Chris, who was frozen in place as he held the door open, then he entered inside. Damian jumped to his feet in surprise. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Father."

Chris had been alternating gazes between the Duke of Taran and the small Duke of Taran with eyes as wide as saucers, and when he heard the word that came out of Damian's mouth, his jaw went slack.

Hugo cast a glance around the room, taking in its sights for the first time. The small decorations that filled up the room had obviously been used for a long time and the interior design of the room hasn't been changed after it was put in this dorm. Apart from the width, there was nothing particularly eye-catching. Hugo paid a huge amount of money for Damian's dorm every year. The enormous tuition fees were going elsewhere because this kind of place was definitely not a VIP suite.