Chapter 41 Love, Understanding and Family

He had ultimately asked Damian to follow him but quite frankly, he had no idea what he could do with the child.

Roughly looking over the boy, he could say the boy had grown up well but properly examining the child felt awkward.

"Do you read a lot?"

"Yes, I like books so I read a lot."

Hugo took Damian to his study. Before this, she had been the only one allowed access to his study.

As soon as Damian entered the study, his eyes widened, his mouth fell open and his head swiftly turned left and right.

The huge library in his academy had a lot of books but it wasn't stylish. Owned by an individual, the magnificent scale and superb atmosphere lit up a soft light in the eyes of the fascinated boy.

"Is that place part of the study too?"

Damian asked, looking at the firmly closed door to the right of the study.

Hugo's eyes sank. The place where he was only able to enter after his succession . The place where only the head of the Taran Family could enter. It was a secret room that contained all the truths about the Taran family.

"Don't concern yourself with that one. It's full of garbage."

Hugo had no plans of passing down that room to Damian. He planned to burn and erase all traces of it sometime before Damian took over as the master of Taran. He had made up his mind to do this for a long time. The secrets of Taran would end with just him.

"You can look around as you please. If you want to read a book, you can come in and read at any time."

"Yes! Thank you."

The boy had been jittery for a while because he wanted to look around so as soon as permission was given, he quickly bolted away and began to look all over the place.

There was warmth in Hugo's eyes as he watched the boy frantically move from place to place, scouring the study.

Sometime later, Hugo left the study, leaving the boy alone as the boy had taken out a book from the shelves and was completely engrossed in reading.

When he was about to enter his office, the name 'Lucia' once again crossed his mind. He knitted his brows and stood holding the door handle. After a while, he went inside.

* * *

From morning, there was a line of carriages heading towards Roam to attend the garden party hosted by the Duchess.

Because the Duchess always held small tea parties and never a ball, this garden party reached many generations.

The age group were diverse, ranging from elderly women to unmarried girls, and the attendees were also diverse, composed of well-known people in the northern high society, those that were not well-known, families of vassals and those that were not families of vassals.

Everyone invited today had at least been invited to one of the Duchess' previous tea parties. The tea parties of the Duchess were not repetitive exchanges with a small group of people but were distinctively broad meetings with various groups of people.

The evaluation of the Duchess in the high society varied from person to person.

Those who dreamt of a grand and luxurious ball expressed their regrets while influential figures in the established high society favored the non-aggressive manner of the Duchess.

"Thank you for the invitation."

"Welcome. I'm glad you could come."

Lucia welcomed the ladies as they arrived one at a time, greeting them with a light embrace.