Chapter 74 Meeting People

The three day ball that would start from the evening of today, was to be held in the spacious hall of the Outer Palace but the celebration party was to be held in the Inner Palace.

Their carriage arrived at the Royal Palace and slowed down as they entered into the Inner Palace. In the Inner Palace, carriages were restricted from moving over a certain speed.

Because of the slow speed, there was almost no shaking inside of the carriage. Hugo straightened up and leaned towards her then he pushed against the wall of the carriage and began to kiss her. He had been holding back what he wanted to do for a while now so he was annoyed.

At the sudden deep kiss, Lucia's face immediately flushed crimson. When their lips separated, she looked into his eyes and saw they were filled with excitement. She noticed the pink smears on his lips and her face grew hot.

"Your lips are stained with makeup."

Hugo rubbed his lips with his hand to check and saw that it was smeared with pink lipstick.

"If you wipe it with your hand, it will spread."

Lucia pulled out her handkerchief from her purse and wiped his lips.

"Mine is spread too, isn't it?" (Lucia)

"I'll clean it for you." (Hugo)

Lucia held out her handkerchief to him. Hugo didn't even consider taking it and just kissed her again. He wove his tongue into her mouth, kissing her deeply then he followed it with a few light kisses on the lips. He watched her face grow bright red then he whispered to her with amusement:

"Your lips are all clean. What of mine?"

Lucia finally realized his meaning of 'cleaning' and hit his shoulder. While glaring at his smiling face, she wiped off the little traces on his lips with her handkerchief.

"It was perfectly placed makeup..." (Lucia)

"You don't need it. In the future, don't put it on your lips."

"...Why?"

"Just in case it stains you."

"Then, don't kiss me!"

"Why can't I?"

When he sourly retorted, Lucia was speechless.

"The flower of makeup is the lipstick. It's like the finishing touch."

"Even without doing that, you're pretty."

He wanted to swallow her red and moist lips every time he saw them. He wanted to suck on her delicate lips, nibble them, and torment her soft tongue. He wanted to swallow her saliva and see her breathless with reddening eyes. Why did he have to hold it in? He had no intention of doing so nor did he want to.

Seeing his lips approaching again, Lucia blocked him with her hands. She looked at his unhappy expression and expressed her strong refusal.

"This is neither the time nor place. Please. We are on our way to an important event."

Hugo obediently pulled back and leaned against the carriage. He didn't know how an important event and a kiss were related but the fact that it was an important event was true. Not because it was the celebration of the King's accession but because it was her debut stage.

The slowly moving carriage came to a stop. The door was opened from outside. Hugo rose and went out of the carriage first then he extended his hand back inside. Lucia took a deep breath then she rose as well. There was a fairly high gap between the carriage and the ground but there were simple stairs to ease that gap.