She knew he didn't mean to criticize her. However, the sulkiness she felt hadn't settle. Even though she was acting pointlessly cranky, he did not get annoyed, even once. On the contrary, he watched her as if he had made a huge mistake.

She felt both thankful and sorry. As she watched him cut his steak silently, the grudge she was holding alone, melted away.

"I went to the palace this afternoon." (Lucia)

The doctor advised that after her pregnancy was stable, some moderate movements would make for an easier delivery. So, Lucia made light visits outside. She visited the palace frequently, especially since Katherine had come back to visit and was staying at the palace.

"The princess has really grown up a lot. Children seem to really grow up in an instant." (Lucia)

Hugo relaxed, sensing that his wife's voice was amiable. It looked like her anger had disappeared. It wasn't like this before, but nowadays, if her feelings got hurt, it took quite some time before she relaxed.

His only comfort was that the doctor told him a pregnant woman's sensitivity would improve after childbirth.

'I can't do this a second time.'

He was glad that this was the first and last time. Although it was wonderful to watch the changes happening in his pregnant wife, it was also exhausting.

His wife's stomach getting bigger was only a marvel at first, now it was scary. He was struck with the fear that her stomach might burst if it kept growing without any limits.

His wife's increased appetite also worried him. Despite her eating so much, his wife's body shape didn't change much. He couldn't fathom just how much the baby in her stomach was eating.

The strange life growing within her had only felt unfamiliar to him. Nowadays, as the fetus fussed around and wriggled, he could feel it vividly.

Unlike his vague imagination, a human's growth process was close to an animal's. The doctor told him that it was a normal reaction and that the baby was showing normal growth, however, Hugo couldn't shake off the doubt that the baby could be unusual because it was his child.

There were 2-3 months left until the baby was born. The remaining days were still far off so Hugo's heart felt heavy.

"Today, Her Highness the Queen said that when the baby is born, we should tie the knot as in-laws."

Hugo's eyebrows contorted into a frown. The King also said the same thing. He asked if Hugo would consider tying the knot as in-laws, no matter if the baby turned out to be a boy or a girl. He said it in a manner where one wasn't sure if he was joking or serious, so Hugo interpreted it as a complete joke. To him, the royal couple were simply talking nonsense, so he spoke resolutely.

"That is out of the question."

"Why?"

"His Majesty's eldest son is ten years old. The age difference is too large for a child that's just being born."

"Oh? But His Majesty doesn't have only one son. Why do you only consider the first prince?"

"Then it makes even less sense. To marry my daughter, they have to at least be the next King."

Lucia forced a laugh in disbelief.

"So, because of age, it's a no. And because of status, it's a no. Wow. Our daughter will die an old spinster."

"Since we're on this topic, what do you think of bringing in a live-in son in law?"[1]

"We have Damian, why should we bring in a son-in-law?"