Chapter 116 The Beginning and the End

Start from the beginning

She was glad that he didn't react in worse ways, such as denying it, since her pregnancy should be impossible or refusing that he was the father of the child.

"It is our child." (Lucia)

The look in his eyes turned to that of puzzlement.

"Of course." (Hugo)

Hugo couldn't understand the meaning behind her words. He could not guess that Lucia was concerned that her husband might be suspicious of her fidelity.

Hugo had not thought of that at all. He only thought that his wife was still thinking about when he said that he didn't want a child.

"I've said this before, but if it is your child then I am fine with it. I might be a little out of it because it is unexpected, but I do not hate it. If you're upset then I'm sorry."

"No. I am not upset."

Lucia was very happy. And she was thankful to him.

He did not want to have children for a long time. Even though he said that he was okay with it if it was her child, it was something he said when he assumed that her getting pregnant was impossible.

But now, it had come to the forefront and become reality. And even then, he still said that he would accept the child. It meant that it wasn't just pretty words that he was saying at the time to comfort her.

Lucia felt the anxiety buried deep in her heart melt away. She began to think that everything would be okay. She had a feeling, no, confidence, that when the child was born, he would be a good father.

Hugo looked at his wife for a while as she grinned happily, then he lowered his head and kissed her. Lucia wrapped her arms around his neck and shared a long, deep kiss with him.

"There's a part I can't understand." (Hugo)

"Me too." (Lucia)

How did she become pregnant? Just as she expected, her husband was also wondering about this issue.

"You think so too, right?" (Hugo)

"Yes." (Lucia)

"It was fine yesterday. Why is it forbidden as soon as we find out you're pregnant?"

"...?"

"The doctor must be a quack. I have to ask the palace nurse that diagnosed your pregnancy."

Lucia sensed that what he was saying, and what she was saying, were not in sync. And when she vaguely grasped what he was talking about, her face gradually stiffened.

"What does she mean we can't do it for three months? Is this not a plan to kill me?"

"Are you crazy? You're going to go where, and ask who what?"

Lucia shouted as her face reddened and she hit his chest. Hugo had a shameless expression on his face as if asking what he did wrong. Lucia pushed his chest and removed herself from his embrace.

"Just try it if you dare. You won't get a feet inside this room."

The knowledge that he had to give up on the pleasure of the night was a bombshell of its own, but there was no worse torture than not being able to even touch his wife. Hugo stretched his hand to her again, but his wife shocked him by shaking him off and avoiding his hand.

"You said you were thinking the same thing." (Hugo)

"No! I was thinking about something different. They asked us to be careful because the child could get hurt, so is that so important to you?" (Lucia)