Chapter 112 Peaceful day-to-day life

Start from the beginning

"Did you sleep well?"(Hugo)

"Yes, what of you? You were up at dawn because of me."(Lucia)

"I slept well enough to make up for it. Why did you need me in the morning?"

"What...?"

"You said I should stay back in the morning."

"Ah...that..."

Lucia thought she only said that to herself, but it must have slipped out of her mouth.

"I must have been sleep talking. You didn't have to worry about it."

"I also need to arrange for you to see the doctor."

"See the doctor for what?"

"Last night, you didn't sense me lying down at all, you were fast asleep. You were also restless and awake at dawn. Plus, I think your body temperature is hot."

Lucia thought he was making a mountain out of a molehill, but eventually, she couldn't stop him from calling a doctor. The doctor meticulously asked about this and that, examined her, and then said that there was nothing wrong. Lucia gave her husband a side-eye as if saying 'see what I mean'.

"The tiredness and craving for sweet things that you mentioned are common symptoms that women often have before their menstruation start. Will your period not be coming soon? Have you ever experienced such menstrual symptoms before?"

The doctor who was newly hired two months ago, did not know about Lucia's amenorrhea yet. After sending the doctor out, Lucia wondered about the symptoms that she had never experienced before.

Now that she thought about it, after her menstruation started again in her dream, she seemed to have always kept sweet snacks around her house. Lucia had to postpone her thinking because her husband was coming onto her. After taking away the hand that kept trying to dig inside her chest area, Lucia asked him.

"Aren't you busy?"

"Nope."

"Well then, I would like to try playing around in bed."[1]

"Hmm."

When Hugo's hand burrowed between her thighs, Lucia was startled and swatted away his hand.

"Not that! Lying in bed, drinking tea, having breakfast. I want to lazy around like that. With you."

"Doesn't sound bad. Let's do one round first."

"You won't end at one! I want to drink tea! I want to have breakfast! In bed!"

When Lucia stubbornly refused, Hugo removed his hand that was persistently groping her body as a sign of surrender.

"All right. Ask them to bring the tea you want to drink so much."

Lucia laughed contentedly and pulled the rope to call the maid. Hugo propped his chin and flatly looked at his wife who looked as excited as a child going on a picnic. He looked full of dissatisfaction as if his tasty candy had been taken away.

Hugo thought his wife was still like a innocent child.

Most aristocrat's lifestyles involved gathering at feasts or meetings late at night, falling asleep at dawn and waking up late in the mornings. For them, it was a daily routine to take a simple leisurely breakfast in bed and drink tea. But that routine did not apply to the ducal couple of Taran.

Lucia's social activities were mostly at daytime, in the afternoon, and she came home late at sunset. Hugo also returned home in the evening when he was not particularly busy. Hugo's wakeup time was around dawn and Lucia was the type to wake up early in the morning.