Chapter 67 The Capital's High Society

Start from the beginning

'Why isn't it me?'

When Sofia heard of his marriage, she experienced pain like the world was caving in. She wanted to run to him and ask. If he didn't immediately go to his territory, she would have really done so.

Sofia, who had fallen into despair, accepted the proposal of Count Alvin. She had felt like giving up. She wanted to forget everything. But she could not find happiness in the marriage she had chosen as an escape.

Despite the abundance she could be enjoy thanks to her husband's wealth, Sofia's heart was always empty. She could not let go off her persisting lingering affection at all.

***

Antoine was visiting to carry out a partial interim check on the finished dress and she was excited to hear of Lucia visiting the palace.

"Your first palace visit! I have to help." (Antoine)

"You don't have to go through that trouble." (Lucia)

The Duke of Taran had revisited and proposed a double contract. Antoine was full of motivation for the profit that was guaranteed to be huge. Gold was the catalyst that ignited her soul. Although Antoine couldn't do anything about the already reserved customers, she turned away all the customers that came to find her lately.

Antoine was aiming to be the exclusive designer of the Duchess of Taran.

"The first visit to the palace is a once-in-a-lifetime event! It ought to be special!"

No matter what one does, the first time was, of course, only once. Moreover, technically, it wasn't Lucia's first visit to the palace. Lucia lived as a princess in the palace until marriage. However, Lucia lost to Antoine's passionate sophistry.

Early in the morning of the palace visit, Antoine was heavily armed like a soldier heading to battle.

"Since it is Your Grace's first time meeting Her Highness the Queen, a refined and elegant style would be best. Because Duchess looks young, I will have to supplement that. It is elegant but it should express a freshness that is unlike a married Lady."

Upon receiving inspiration, Antoine finally decided on a light violet dress adorned with tiny sparkling beads.

It gave the effect of a band fastened on the waist, emphasizing the slender waist and it spread abundantly below the waist, conservatively revealing the beautiful curves of the body.

The upper part clung to the shape of the body and the sleeves were made of see-through lace that ran from the shoulder to the under arm. Unlike fashion of late that revealed the cleavage, the neckline was just below the neck but it didn't look trite or stifling.

Her hair was tied up in a bun, showing her slender and long neckline. Her reddish brown hair was pinned with a small white diamond pin. The finishing touch was Antoine's magic-like make-up.

The reason Antoine was so popular among noblewomen was thanks to her exceptional make-up that was just as good as her skill with dresses.

Purple pearl was applied to her eyes and eyeliner was drawn on the corner of her eyes to make it rise slightly. Her white skin was emphasized and blush was applied on her cheeks to reveal her freshness.

The Lucia in the mirror gave off both elegance and vigor as Antoine had said.

'How fascinating. Why doesn't it work when I do it?'

Lucia did not consider herself a beauty. In her dream, she did not stand out at all, buried underneath gorgeous beauties. But, looking at herself in the mirror, Lucia thought: