40

You found Namjoon already awake, his eyes fixed on the sunrise as he stood by the window

You found Namjoon already awake, his eyes fixed on the sunrise as he stood by the window. He turned to you, a soft smile gracing his lips as he noticed you entering the room.

"Good morning, babe," he greeted, his voice filled with warmth. "Had a good rest?

"Morning. I did," you replied, "And you? How was the couch?

"Better than I expected."

"Are you ready for today?"

Namjoon nodded. "I'm going on a walk with your brother."

"Really?" You ask in disbelief. "How did you... get him to say yes?"

"Well, you see..." He scratches his brows. "I didn't exactly ask him. It was your mom who insisted on running to the store for some extra stuff she said she needed to make side dishes."

Your mother's antics leave you stunned. You know your father normally did all the cooking and assembling, but you keep it to yourself. Also, the idea of running out of ingredients seems far-fetched.

"Ah..." You enthuse. "And you volunteered?"

Namjoon doesn't even make an effort to turn his back on you as he buttons his jeans over his gorgeous toned legs. You're not sure if he's doing it on purpose, but it surely is making an effect on your body beneath the duvet.

"Yeah, thought I'd make the initiative to make friends with my girlfriend's brother."

Touched by his sincerity, you urge him to come closer as you leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to his cheek.

"Thank you for trying. I'm rooting for you, and I know that with time, he will see the wonderful person you are."

After a delicious breakfast, the two set out on a bike ride as the store wasn't that far from your house. Your brother, initially hesitant, had reluctantly agreed to join, giving Namjoon a chance.

The look on the older's man face remains in your mind, dimpled cheeks and eyes that gleamed as you bid him well before he caught up to Sunho, who was already crossing the street with his bike.

As the wheels turned and the wind brushed against their faces, you watched as Namjoon made a genuine effort to engage your brother in conversation, calling out behind him in an attempt to get the younger to slow down. He didn't.

Namjoon asked about his interests, his dreams, and listened attentively to his responses. Slowly, but surely, the tension eased between them.

Namjoon's playful nature emerged as he shared stories and made jokes, his laughter echoing through the streets. Your brother, who had been reserved at first, couldn't help but crack a smile, the icy barrier between them beginning to thaw.

As the two boys rode along, there was a transformation taking place. Namjoon's genuine interest and willingness to understand Sunho bridged the gap that had once seemed insurmountable.