38

"So, you think he's going to propose to you soon?"

"No - I'm certain, he will. I just don't know when."

"Are you sure that the ring you found inside the box is for you, though?" Sooya lowers her tone, "I mean, don't you think it's too early for that? What if it's a present for his mom or something."

"Sooya, that's unlikely," you shake your head, "She's not really into rings. Especially if it's not diamonds." You mention, seeing that the exact ring you found inside the maroon box was a simple, yet timeless gold band with the tiniest carvings that you couldn't make out.

The guilt seething within you is what makes this seem like your fault for discovering what you weren't supposed to discover in the first place. It was your fault for being too nosy, but you also blame Namjoon for sneaking an expensive ring into your shared suitcase! If he truly intended to give it to you during this trip, why would he put it in a little pocket where it could slip out of all places?!

You cannot believe this man!

Ever since this morning, you couldn't stop thinking about it and had to pull your sister to the side as the rest of the family was still getting ready to go out for brunch.

"How would you know that?" Sooya questions.

You can stand here and explain to her as to why, but it would take forever. And you cannot risk exposing yourself.

Having been by Namjoon's side for years, there are things you know more about the family than anyone. It's second nature, now. Their birthdays, anniversaries, daily routines, and schedules, were shared with you, so Namjoon could insert himself anytime for family time, which was a rare occurrence.

"I just know, okay?" You cross your arms and lean against the wall behind the kitchen. Your eyes draw behind Sooya's shoulders as you find Namjoon crouched beside the sofa in the open-space living room plan before Inso jumps excitedly onto his back. Yaji watches on quietly and Namjoon whispers something in her ear before her demeanor eases and she's up on her feet, with her arms raised.

Not even a second later, the room is filled with giggles as Namjoon circles around the couch, Yaji in his arms and Inso on his back, both of their tiny arms looped around his neck like a necklace. He catches your eyes and his eyes glimmer.

He quietly mutters 'These girls have unlimited energy' which earns him a shake of the head.

"To infinity and beyond!"

Yaji wiggles excitedly.

"Faster, Uncle Joon! Faster!"

Uncle. That's got you smiling now. They've established the nickname themselves in no time. You're glad they're getting along fine, unlike someone...

"We haven't even made it out the door yet, girls," the said man chuckles lovingly. "We'll play later. Uncle's running out of energy."

"Look at them shameless girls," Sooya laughs at the sight, holding a hand on her hip like the protective mother that she is - ready to rush over - though you both know Namjoon won't let one of them go with his bulging arms tightly secured around them.

"Girls," she calls with a slight grit in her tone. Sooya, as you know, is a very outspoken person, but you notice her tone softens when she speaks to her kids. It's another reason why you believe she's an amazing parent. "Behave."

You can't help but smile, too. The entire interaction warms your heart and as if he wasn't already the most handsome-looking man in the world - he's even more attractive to you than Namjoon adores children so much. Probably even more than you.