06

"I'm in the hospital,"

Hospital.

Your brother's words keep repeating in your head as you run outside of your apartment, stopping right when a taxi pulls up and you mumble something under your breath which he miraculously understood, arriving in minutes.

"Sunho, P-Park Sunho," your words are rushed when you stand in front of three confused receptionists. "My brother, where is he?"

"Ma'am, we're going to need you to relax first," a petite woman dressed entirely in white scrubs steps forward to assist you. "Please take a seat, and we'll get back to you."

"Get b-back to me?" Your tone is aggressive as you look at them in disbelief. "I need to see my brother, just tell me his room number and I'll be out of your hair!"

The girl scratches her forehead, looking at your angered state before she looks over her shoulders and mumbles something to her colleagues. When she snaps her head at you, your eyes immediately flash. "He's in room 201, fourth fl—"

You don't wait for her to finish and rush towards the direction of the stairs, unable to patiently wait for the elevator. The caffeine must be jetting through your veins and narrowing your blood vessels as you push through corridors and empty halls until you reach the first room to your right.

"Sunho!" Your voice fills the room as soon as you walk in, and you look around for your brother.

"N-noona," he says, drawing your attention to him sitting on the hospital bed, his back against the headboard. When you see him in those hideous clothes, his left arm wrapped in bandages, your heart almost breaks.

"What the hell happened to you?!" You rush over to him, grabbing his jaw to examine his face. Sunho has a big grin on his face when you look up at him, and it almost makes you want to smack him in the face. "Do you find this amusing?" You clench your teeth and step back.

"That's not—"

"Did you get in a fight?!" You inquire, raising your voice in surprise. "I had to leave my job to run over to you, and you think this is some kind of joke?" You pinch the bridge of your nose to calm yourself down and avoid saying something that you will regret. "Don't you know how worried I was when you called?" You pause before heaving a breath. "Gosh, I- I thought something worse happened to you. I work my ass off just to send you to school and you get yourself into trouble?" You can't seem to wrap your mind around it when you know your brother has never gotten himself in violent acts.

"Noona . . ." He stops you from getting too emotional, "Let me explain first." You narrow your eyes at him and he flinches when you reach for your stilettos.

"You'd better start talking, Sunho, or I'll throw this at your big head."

For a brief moment, he remains silent as he fiddles with his fingers, but when he notices your intimidating glare, he confesses. "I fell off my bike," he mumbles under his breath as if embarrassed to say it aloud.