15

wrote this while eating tacos at 2 am, forgive me for the late update

wrote this while eating tacos at 2 am, forgive me for the late update. I just had the urge to write LOL.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

With the sun shining through your bedroom curtains and the slight shivering on your bare legs, you groan and stir in your sleep when you hear shuffling and light footsteps right outside your door

With the sun shining through your bedroom curtains and the slight shivering on your bare legs, you groan and stir in your sleep when you hear shuffling and light footsteps right outside your door. For a moment you think it's a dream until you feel the presence and the weight on your mattress.

"Yaya! Wakey, wakey!"

"Wha—"

The familiar high-pitched tone of your nephews is enough to wake your body, and your eyes to flutter with alertness.

You pull the covers over your body, hiding your see-through nightgown from the two little girls' sparkling orbs as they jump with more energy than you can generate.

You can tell them apart by their hairstyles: Yaji's curly locks in pigtails and Inso's mid-length hair with bangs covering her eyes. You can tell their mother spent more time than usual getting them ready for a fancy dinner. As her children wake you up for the day, you begin to wonder where she is.

"We missed you, Yaya!" Yaji sounds breathless as she lowers herself and sits at the end of your feet while the other one timidly places herself beside your hip.

You lean against the headboard, careful not to expose too much skin. You prefer to sleep without undergarments, and it wasn't a problem because you live alone and don't need to be considerate of others. It's just one of the advantages of living alone, not having to deal with things like privacy and noise.

But you can't lie, you do miss having people around you because it does get lonely at times. All you know is the hustling of a city and the sound of endless construction work around you. The last time you heard the sound of waves and rustling of trees was somewhere back in Hawaii when you were having lunch with one of Namjoon's business partners at the time.

"I missed you too girls," you pull them in for a tight hug, to which they both giggle cutely. "You didn't tell me you'd be coming this early," you say, surprised with their sudden arrival. As far as you know, they were supposed to come later today at noon. "Where's your mom?"