20

Pulling up outside your complex with a heavy feeling in your chest, Namjoon gently reaches for your wrist.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I wanted to spend more time with you," he softly says. At his words, your chest tightens and a sense of warmth fills you although your face said otherwise.

You lick your lips, before turning your head in his direction. He has his left hand on the steering wheel and he's dressed in his usual suit and tie, while you on the other hand barely had time to look presentable when you both had to rush back to the city since Namjoon was called for an emergency meeting at the office.

You wanted to accompany him there, but he insisted that you take the day off. As your headache and hangover went, it wasn't a big deal.

"For what?"

"Because I-" Namjoon opens his mouth and then closes it. You patiently wait for him, half of your body hanging out of his Mercedes.

"We should talk about last night." He croaks out, and immediately, your body heats up with the thought of his plump lips against yours. The feel of his masculine hands on the back of your neck, caressing, and-

"Do you want me to walk you to your door?" he interjects with your thoughts when he notices you get quiet.

You haven't talked the whole ride back, and Namjoon tried to get a conversation out of you. He's becoming a little paranoid. After what happened last night, the thought of you regretting the kiss has crossed his mind.

Finally, you shake your head out of your little zone and force out a smile. "I'm not a child, Joon. I can take care of myself," you scoff lightly. Namjoon's mouth below and you can tell he's trying so hard not to get out of his car and carry you upstairs. That's all he wants to do right now - if he could - have you in his arms and cuddle with you all day.

You've seen the same look last night, affection. "You go on ahead, you're gonna be late," you urge, slowly pulling yourself from his hold.

Namjoon hesitates, tugging you back as if he was silently begging for you to stay a little longer.

"Joon... you need to go," your tone softens as you throw your bag around your torso.

His car stalls in the middle of the less sumptuous neighborhood, causing heads to turn. A few of the elderly watch with their lawns freshly mowed, a bike passes, and a young man tosses the daily newspaper unto the wet grass. It's not always that they get to see a car so lavish pull up in front of a less known area. It takes a while for you to fully get out, but when you do, you bend your knees and peek at him one last time through the rolled-down window.

"Drive safe."

He frowns childishly. "But I don't want to go. I'll just postpone-"

"No, you won't," you shake your head. "They need you there. They wouldn't have called if it weren't important."

He sighs frustratedly. Then, he voices his thoughts. "Can I come over after?" He asks cautiously, knowing this could make him appear to be clingy or whatnot. There is a hint of hope in his eyes as you gaze at him. "And I, uh... I'll bring takeout?" He adds.

Not thinking twice about spending time with him, you bite the inside of your cheek to prevent yourself from smiling. Namjoon knows the right things to say, and you don't mind it at all. So, you tell him, "Yeah, okay. I'll see you then?" You sound like a schoolgirl trying to maintain the butterflies in your stomach.

You miss this feeling.

He smiles sheepishly, fingers hovering over the stick shift. "Okay, I'll text you."