09

"I want to taste it

"I want to taste it."

"You want to t-taste it?" You find yourself almost embarrassed to question.

"Uhuh," he hums.

You raised an eyebrow, puzzled as to why he'd want to try the plain dish you'd prepared for yourself when it didn't look as appetizing as it did a few minutes ago, fresh out of the pan. Now it's gone cold, and you want to save your last bit of confidence.

"Are you sure?"

Namjoon nods, and you aim your gaze for anything but the slight glow of his handsome face as he admires you from across the kitchen counter.

God, how good would you look like a housewife.

Your skin is glowing and just a tad red around your angular cheeks as if you've been out in the sun long enough. Your lips are cherry-tinted, and your wavy locks fall past your shoulders in a stunning array of browns and blacks, with the darkest colors framing your face.

He's certain you've never gotten them done before, perhaps you have but never had the time to evenly coat them, but the effect is that of a gracefully aging woman who sat out in the sun. It reminds him of his mother in her early years. Beautiful and elegant.

Your brows, on the other hand—dark and thick—have evolved over the years. He remembers them thinned out during your college years. And they are now the same color as your hair.

By the time you reach him, he has noticed that you are not wearing any shoes or slippers and are instead walking around in your bare feet. It makes him smile to himself, he didn't expect you to be tall, just up to his shoulders. He always assumed you were shorter because you wore heels to work.

"It looks good." He says, licking his lips in anticipation.

"T-thanks?" You're way out of your rational thoughts to comprehend such a simple sentence. Too much too soon makes it obvious you have no idea why you're having a conversation about this with your boss.

The silence is so long that you think you might crack under his soft gaze, the tension building with every second that goes by. But you're thankful when he cracks first. "I've never tasted your cooking before. Will you let me try it?"

You meet his curious gaze with a nervous gulp, ignoring the tingles in your stomach. You have no idea what's wrong with you lately. Maybe you're having stomach issues and might need to quit your coffee addiction sooner than later because you've been nothing but anxious and paranoid about this whole thing. But, so far, it only happens within the perimeters of your boss.

"OK," you finally say, putting out your hand to fix the sleeves of your blouse as you near him. He follows your movement with his eyes, moving aside to let you pass.

"Let me just cook a new batch for you." You move towards one of the overhead cabinets, grabbing the same ingredients you used earlier. "This will take a while, Sir. Will that be alright?" You ask him, tying the used apron around your waist as Namjoon stands behind you.