30

"I know this is sudden, Sooya." You mumbled, setting your coffee machine back in its original box with a sigh, realizing this was one of those things you first purchased when you got your first paycheck and decided it would be a worthwhile investment.

You were right, it lasted you years.

"But it's time to part ways and let something new take its place," you thought, looking around your kitchen with a fond smile.

Reminiscing about the past makes you feel nostalgic. You're saying goodbye to the humble abode you grew to love in the small neighborhood of Jung-gu. You've made so many memories in this place, from the late-night takeaways you used to order to the friendly chatter of your neighbors when you went out for a walk.

You'll be sad to leave this place and all the memories it holds, but you know that the new memories you'll share with Namjoon will be unlike any other.

"I think this is a great way to get to know each other better," you pause for a moment, gathering your thoughts and how to go about this.

"Namjoon. . . I've grown to like him even more in a short amount of time and you know I've worked with him - by his side for as long as I can remember. And trust me, you really get to know someone during that span." You explain your side, not wanting to let this go without telling your story.

Once you hear your older sister hum on the other side of the phone, you continue. "It's an opportunity to understand and relate to each other on a deeper level," you emphasize. "Namjoon doesn't know much about me. And don't get me wrong, he is trying. We're only getting there and his actions tell me that he cares for me in a way he's never done before."

Sooya listens without ever interrupting. She can tell that this is important to you, and that you are opening up to her in a way you may not have done before. She is respecting your space by not pressuring you for more information but instead listening with an open heart.

"Or maybe he's always done that for me, but I've never noticed. He's always patient with me and that's something I appreciate about him." You're giddy over him.

Undeniably, Namjoon truly is someone who any girl would be lucky to have, and you don't know what you did in your past life to even deserve him. His presence in your life is something that you should consider yourself incredibly fortunate for.

All these thoughts and you have no idea what Namjoon thinks of you or how much he loves you. He wonders how much his life would have been different if he had not been introduced to you.

What would he be doing if he hadn't met you then?

Most likely still a miserable bachelor without any plans to settle down. In that case, perhaps his parents would put him up with a decent girl.

But that's a bit much.

Despite his parents' best efforts, Namjoon knows he will never be forced to do anything that he does not want to do.

That's out of his range of concern, thank goodness.

He has you now.

As you murmur softly, you are unaware of the smile that has taken over your face. "He knows I probably won't take the first initiative, so he sacrifices his pride to take the first step. I don't know." You mumble quietly, aware of how much pride has been sacrificed. Your forehead and ears would seem to be swarming with heat if you looked in the mirror right now.

"The way you talk about him. . ." Sooya muttered, something lingering in her mind. "You sound like you're in love."

"And I can't believe that it's taken me this long to realize it," you conclude, and her expression softened.