Chapter 29 Disagreement

Start from the beginning

Anna looked at loss for what to do and she couldn't meet Lucia's eyes, seemingly nervous.

That day, Hugo left after saying that Lucia could do as she pleased, but from the next day onwards, he continuously sent for Anna.

"Milady, His Grace the Duke calls me every evening and asks me how the treatment is going."

Anna explained with an expression that said 'please save me'. When the Duke called Anna, he didn't say anything else. He only asked how the treatment was going but that alone gave Anna enormous pressure.

"Please, just tell me about the symptoms that you really know." (Anna)

Because of what he was doing, the anger in Lucia's heart steadily increased in just a few days. She felt like she was deceived by him and couldn't break free. She felt like going to his office right this moment and giving him a slap.

'Alright. I'll do what you want me to do.'

Lucia opened her mouth and began to explain her symptoms. She explained it exactly how she explained it to the doctors she searched for in her dream.

Yes, she already knew a cure for it but she had no intention of using it. However, if Anna found another cure, she didn't plan on refusing treatment.

But the chances of that happening were close to none. She'd met countless doctors in her dream, but none of them could cure her.

It was through an amazing coincidence and luck that she was able to get a cure from that wandering doctor.

She didn't think that such coincidence and luck could happen a second time.

And as expected, Anna looked confused after hearing her explanation. She looked bewildered by the fact that Lucia took mugwort herb and cause her menstruation to stop. She didn't seem to know anything about it.

"I'm sorry, Milady. To be frank, my ability is lacking so I do not know how to treat you. But I will definitely figure out a way."

Anna resolutely assured her. Lucia sat there absent-mindedly for a short while then she went out into the garden.

* * *

Hugo left his office extremely displeased and absentmindedly walked till he was outside.

The rain had stopped but there was no sight of the sun.

'I guess the day is ending like this.'

When he realized it, he was already in the garden. He quickly turned around and tried to leave but before he could do that, he discovered her.

She was leaning forward, looking at an almost blossoming flower bud. He stood still for a while, then his feet began to move towards her.

Wheen Lucia straightened her waist and turned, she saw him approaching her and instantly, the air around her changed and she found herself falling into a fantasy.

Everything around her blurred and all she could see was him. Lucia knew that she had experienced something like this before.

'When I was in the capital...on the day of the knight parade...'

It was the day when she saw him for the first time in reality, not in her dreams.

She was angry with him. Her condition was terrible because every night, she stared at the bedroom door that never opened and couldn't sleep properly at night.

And just a while ago, she wanted to slap him if she ever saw him. But the moment she saw him, all the anger in her heart instantly melted away like salt inside water.