The end (2/2)

»I'll always love you«, I said and looked at the grave again. The red rose I had placed there a few minutes ago was just one tiny decoration. Three years had passed since it happened...

But I promised to give my best and that was what I did, although I still was as broken as I was when I found him lying on the cold floor those three years ago. I thought the pain would go away with time but no, it didn't. All I did was stay strong - at least everyone thought that. Nothing was alright. I just missed him. What would I do for one last kiss?

My phone vibrated so I took it out of my bag and checked my messages.

»Where are you?! You're gonna be late!«, it said. A whole hour had passed already?! I quickly made my way to the place where the wedding would be. Luckily the ceremony hadn't started yet so I had enough time to sit down next to my best friend who texted me.

»Finally! I thought you weren't gonna make it«, she began. »Right in time.«

The music started to play and all eyes were focused on Candelaria. She started walking down the aisle. I smiled at her but all of that reminded me of Jorge. Just like everything. Day and night I thought about him and it was never gonna change. Our wedding was perfect. I still remembered every detail, how could I forget? And when he caught me that day. When we almost kissed. Our first kiss. All those feelings were still in me. When we sang... When we sang... Music still was my life. Some people say music is their real love. But music wasn't my real love and that was what I knew for sure. My real love was Jorge. He was the one.

»Mummy!«, I heard a voice calling me. I hadn't realized that the ceremony was already over. Slowly I turned around to face my daughter. She ran up to me and hugged me, laughing.

»Are you enjoying the wedding?«, I asked her.

»Of course I am! And you?«

»I...I...«, I began but I didn't know what to say. Lying never really was my thing.

»I know that daddy isn't here but I can dance with you«, she smiled at me. My daughter was such an intelligent girl, she always knew how to cheer me up. Our daughter.

»I'd love to«, I answered, smiling, taking her hand. So we went up to the dance floor and began to dance...

So that's the end... I really loved that book, it was a lot of fun to write! I'll miss it... That's definitely my best book I've written until now in my opinion. It's not even that good but still... Thank you all for reading and for the nice comments and the votes, without you it wouldn't be the same!