Ignoring him

It was Sunday evening and my phone wouldn't stop ringing. That led to that I turned my phone of. I seriously didn't want to talk to Jorge in that moment. I didn't know what he was about to say, I just didn't want to fall for him. Not again. I had to stay strong, he had a girlfriend. And what if they broke up? No, he wouldn't want to break her heart. 

I took my computer and sat down. Maybe Mechi was online and we could skype. So I opened Skype and what did I see? Jorge was online. He was everywhere. Literally everywhere. How would I get him off my mind?! I changed my status to 'away' and looked if Mechi was online. Guess what, she wasn't. What was I gonna do the whole evening? I surely wouldn't talk to Jorge or any of my friends. Neither I wanted to watch a movie. I put my laptop on the desk, grabbed a book went to my bedroom. At last I had a thing to do then. 

Jorge, Jorge, Jorge. His name wouldn't go out of my head. Picturing him smiling made me melt already. How was this gonna continue? The only thing that made me happier then was that I'd sing at a birthday party of a friend of Fran tomorrow. Fran! My brother! I didn't even talk to him since I was in Buenos Aires! How could I forget that?! I just hoped he wasn't angry. 
I turned my phone on. 15 missed calls. 26 new messages. Seriously?
All of them from Jorge. He probably felt bad for what happened. 
But it felt so right...
I knew I couldn't ignore him forever but I didn't want to talk about it on the phone. We'd probably meet soon anyway. Just please without his girlfriend. 

Lost in my thoughts I totally forgot to call Fran. With the book in my hands I fell asleep.

The next day. Today was my little, well, how should I call it...concert? The first thing I did when I woke up was call Fran.

"Fraaan, good morning!", I shouted happily into my phone hoping he wasn't angry.
"What the heck have you been doing the whole time! You're here for so long already and I never received a call!"
"Look, I'm sorry, I forgot..."
"And what did make you forget it?"
"Wha...what do you mean?"
"You're not in love, are you?", he laughed.
"Noo, of course not, what are you thinking?!", I fake-laughed to sound believable.
"Anyways, are you ready?"
"Not yet, I've just woken up"
"But Tini, it's 11am"
"Already? And when do I have to sing?"
"In about an hour"
"What?! I'll get ready quickly, pick me up in 30 minutes!", I exclaimed and hung up without waiting for an answer.

I went to the bathroom, cleaned my teeth and put on make-up. I knew picking an outfit would cost the most time so I tried to do everything very quickly. After standing about ten minutes in front of my wardrobe I just picked some ripped high waisted light blue jeans, a short grey top and a light brown cardigan. 11.28am. Right in time! I grabbed an apple and ran out of my apartment to Fran's car.

"You're punctual? What has happened to you...", he put on a serious face.
"I...well, I...", I stuttered not knowing what to say.
"Hey, don't take this serious!", he laughed and I hit his arm.
"Now let's go!", I said and got into his car.

Not a long time later we arrived at his friend's place. I knew some of them, they all came to me and greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. Then I took the microphone and checked if it worked. 

"Hey guys, sorry that I'm late", I heard a voice that I knew very well. I turned around to face him.
"Tini...", he said quietly by looking right into my eyes.
"Jorge..."