Uncovered

My phone rang and rang. It wouldn't stop. Besides it was only 9am, who wanted anything from me at that time?!
The thought that it could be Jorge made my heart beat faster, but I couldn't talk to him, I had to stay away from him.
As I wanted to answer the call, it stopped and I looked at my missed calls. 17 calls from...various persons? But what did they all want...
I cleaned my teeth, put on make-up and got dressed before I called Mechi to find out what happened. Clearly, something must have happened, otherwise not so much people would have called me. And otherwise not so much media would have stood in front of the house in which my apartment was?!

"Mechi!", I shouted into my phone. "What the heck happened?!"
"Firstly, what the heck?! You didn't tell me about you and Jorge kissing?! Secondly, you and Jorge are in literally every magazine right now and there's a photo of you two, kissing!", my best friend answered.
"What?! Stephie will freak out! And I'm sorry I didn't tell you...I didn't want to talk about it..."
"But Tini...you know you can tell me anything"
"Of course I do, and actually, I'm so glad the truth is out...I mean, I couldn't hide it anymore...and Stephie knows the truth now too...there are two options for her now: 1. Leave Jorge or 2. Stay with Jorge and revenge. I'm seriously afraid of what she could do to me...but I've made a decision. If Jorge stays with her, I'll continue my job you know, as actress, singer, model, dancer...stuff like that...I don't have anything holding me back then anymore."
"And if he stays with you?
"We'll see...mostly it's up to Stephie...he feels bad because he betrayed her and if she chooses to stay with him, he'll stay with her."
"But never leave me, okay?"
"We'll always be best friends, no matter how big the distance between us is"
"And now go to Jorge, you need to talk!"
"If I can get through the media..."
"Good luck!"
"Thanks!"
I hung up and used the back door of the house. That was probably the only way to come out. Through a text message I let Jorge know that I'd be waiting for him in the library of BA, just because there wouldn't be anyone looking for us and we could find a quiet corner where we could talk.

Half an hour later I saw him coming up to me. He looked pretty handsome but that was nothing new.
"Tini..."
"Jorge...what did Stephie say?"
"She was angry...she blames you, Tini."
"And what did you say?"
"...I..."
"You didn't defend me?"
"I...I'm sorry..."
"No, you're not! Why are you here anyway if I don't mean anything to you?"
"Tini...I really like you..."
"That's not enough...you should go to your girlfriend, Jorge", I turned around and took a step forward.
"No, Tini, don't", Jorge said and made me turn around so that I faced him.
"How will you keep me from going?", I asked while looking into his eyes and waiting for an answer. "I knew it"
I turned around once again and left.