sneaking out into town

Hoods were over both of the couples heads as they wore obnoxiously dark sunglasses and wigs that looked straight out of an 80's movie, even though they both knew they looked ridiculous, they knew this was their only good shot of going out in public without being swarmed, since they were both famous celebrities, they didn't have the luxury of going outside and having a regular outing.

It was a warm night in New York, and the streets were still buzzing with people, even at this late hour, it wasn't unusual since the city was one of the busiest ones in America.

They walked through the empty streets, and made sure to keep their heads down and their hoods up, trying to blend in with the shadows and crowds. They didn't want to be seen by anyone, especially not by the paparazzi.

They knew they were risking getting in trouble with their managers and team that advised them to steer clear from each other, but they didn't care. They were young and in love, and they wanted to spend some time alone without the prying eyes of the public.

Anne softly tugged Marcy along as they walked hand in hand, and admired the city's beauty. The tall skyscrapers and bright neon lights made the city look like a magical place that needed to be explored.

The brunette turned to her girlfriend, and the lit-up buildings sprinkled specks of light that only enhanced Marcy's beauty in Anne's mind.

"Where are we even gonna go?" She whispered, trying to be inconspicuous.

Marcy's eyes were hidden behind her shades, but a soft smile illuminated her face, making her eyes sparkle, a sight Anne would have loved to see if they hadn't been in such a large city filled with anyone who could see them.

"Anywhere is good as long as I'm with you," Marcy replied, leaning in closer and brushing Anne's hair back behind her ear.

Anne's face flushed with warmth at those words, while feeling the love and comfort from Marcy's touch, the feeling bubbling up inside of her was weird, but a good weird, a beautiful weird.

Anne felt her heart flutter as Marcy's fingers lingered on her ear, sending shivers down her spine. She breathed in the city air, taking in the sounds of the bustling crowd and the aroma of street food, feeling alive and free.

After looking around, she met Marcy's covered eyes once more, even though they were hidden, she could see the love shining in her eyes so vividly, so she took Marcy's hand once more, and they walked down the street, taking in the sights and sounds of the city.

They passed by street performers, artists, and vendors, each with their unique talents and stories, it reminded them both of when they were both starting off, so carefree and bright-eyed about the industry.

They didn't stop to fully experience the peoples performances though out of fear of being recognized, but one girl had caught their eyes, singing a familiar song that drew them in.

They stopped in front of the girl who was strumming her guitar. Once she saw the couple, she tried her best to still her nerves and kept singing, the hat on the ground filled with change and money which immediately caught their eyes.

"So baby drive slow, 'til we run out of road in this one-horse town, I wanna stay right here in this passenger seat, you put your eyes on me, in this moment now, capture it, remember it."

Memories flooded back into the couples mind from their first date and how deeply they were in that lavender haze.

"'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me head first. Fearless. And I don't know why, but with you I'd dance in a storm, in my best dress. Fearless."