fearless

Anne and Marcy had walked closer to what looked to be a café, but when they got inside, Anne soon realized that it was no ordinary coffee shop, but it was actually a cat café.

Anne's eyes immediately lit up once she saw all the adorable kittens and cats roaming around, she's always been an animal lover, but especially a cat person. She always loved the adorable little felines, so the sight of so many friendly ones all in one space was almost too much for her to handle.

Once they sat down at a table, a curious cat wandered over to them, seemingly investigating them. Anne reached down to pet it, and it immediately purred contentedly and curled closer to her hand. A smile made its way onto Marcy's face as she watched the cute interaction, she knew then that this was the most perfect place she could've chose to bring her friend to relax and just have a content time with.

The cat soon got tired of the petting though and waltzed off, which made Anne sit back properly and look at Marcy to see that grin on her face.

"What?" Anne asked, but Marcy shook their head.

"Nothing, you're just- that interaction, was cute, is all."

Anne could see an endearing look in Marcy's eyes but before the moment could last, a barista came over, and they looked away from each other and took their orders.

Once their coffees came back, they sipped on them and chatted about anything they could, which wasn't hard since their conversations seemed to flow so effortlessly.

"You picked pumpkin spice, Anne? Interesting choice."

Anne was mid-sip as her cheeks filled with red, but she pulled the cup away from her lips and said, "It's good, I don't care what others have to say about it."

"Thats something I love about you...." Marcy muttered underneath her breath, they didn't think Anne heard it, but she did.

"Anyhow, I see you like my choice of location, which is honestly pretty relieving."

Anne nodded excitedly as some of her giddiness entered her eyes. "Cats are so adorable! I don't get when people hate them, you know?"

After that, Anne went on a long rant about how cats were amazing specimens and how they just had to warm up to you, Marcy was only half-listening since the main sense she was using was her vision to intake how Anne looked so pretty.

Anne cut her rant short when more cats approached their table, some going to her and some to Marcy. Anne couldn't help the smile that made its way onto her face as she stroked their fur and listened to their gentle purrs.

She felt so completely at ease surrounded by the adorable and friendly creatures. She knew she could spend hours inside the cat café without getting tired or bored.

Marcy's eyes softened as she took in the sight, she was overjoyed that her friend was relaxed and at peace, it was also amazing to them how easily these cats trusted Anne, and how good Anne was with animals.

Marcy forced herself to try not to marvel at her friend and spoke up to say a suggestion.

"Should we get like a snack?"

Anne glanced up, and flashed a smile while nodding.

"That'd be nice, I'm not fully hungry but I'm hungry enough where I won't turn that offer, of course."

So with that, they ordered some snacks, once the plate of cookies and two cups of tea were settled on their table, they thanked the waiter/barista and dug right in while talking and enjoying the company of the cats.

"You ever been on a rollercoaster?" Anne asked, after chewing on a cookie.

Marcy slightly exhaled and responded, "Yeah, Sasha has forced me to go on them so many times- I'm not the biggest fan of them but, yeah."