a realization

THOUGH Anne was meant to be sleeping, she wasn't able to.

It had been an since Marcy had said goodnight and went offline, leaving Anne to try to fall asleep, to no avail, since she couldn't stop thinking about the girl.

Not like in a romantic way, of course! (Or at least, that's what she told herself.)

Still, her mind was stuck on the idea of them meeting up, and she wondered how that would go.

Would it go smoothly? Would it go badly? Would Marcy be impressed with her? Would she make a total fool out of herself? She wouldn't know until it happened. And the suspense was killing her.

She sat up in the dark, and reached over to grab her phone that was charging, it was at 89%, which meant she could unplug it and roll over to the other side.

Her first instinct was to message Marcy, but she was sure the girl was probably sleeping by now, so she decided against it.

Instead, she clicked on Marcy's profile, last time she hadn't really looked at the photos, but more so at her bio. This time around, she'd make sure to look at the pictures.

She clicked on the most recent one, which was a far shot of Marcy on the couch, while she watched some show Anne hadn't seen before.

She swiped to the next photo, only to stop in her tracks when she saw a pretty blonde girl who was much too close inside Marcy's personal space for her liking.

She couldn't quite pinpoint what she was feeling at the moment, and she didn't get why she was feeling whatever it was.

She tried to shake off the feeling and swiped to the next photo, this time, the blonde was absent and it was only Marcy again, but on her Nintendo Switch playing Animal Crossing, and that was the last photo of the collection.

Anne looked at the caption.

'nothing beats watching Camp Camp, playing video games and spending time with your bff <3'

Anne's body relaxed at the last part, the blonde girl wasn't a girlfriend or anything of the sorts after all, that was relieving.

Once she realized that she was relieved, her body tensed once more.

Why do I even care? What's going on with me?

She ignored the questions floating through her mind and decided to open the comments instead.

That wasn't a good idea.

-

marcywusgf
bff??? you can tell us the truth, Marcy, we won't judge 😗

user1
am i the only one who thinks Marcy and this blondie are dating???

sasharcyftw
waiting for the day Marcy and Sasha admit they're dating

marcywusbf
damn all the pretty chicks be lesbian nowadays, can't believe this blonde chick stole Marcy away

-

After reading a handful of comments that speculated Marcy and the blonde girl were dating, she couldn't help it when the unsettled feeling returned to her stomach.

So this blonde girl was Sasha?

Even though Anne had talked to Marcy about Sasha not even that long ago, she knew Marcy denied a relationship with Sasha, and called her a friend, but she still couldn't help but wonder if that was a lie, or maybe they just don't know about the others feelings?

She shouldn't have been getting so worked up over this, especially since this had nothing to concern with her, in fact she should be asleep right now, but all this happened because of her curiosity.

She swallowed the lump forming in her throat, and got up to get a glass of water, hoping that it would clear her head.

But when she was back in the bed, with her consciousness no clearer than before, she knew something was up.

She racked her brain to figure out what could be the reason she was feeling so upset over some stupid photos and comments.

At first, she came up with nothing, and decided she should go to sleep, so she did.

But after she laid down, and was ready to doze off, a realization finally occurred.

She sat up as her eyes sprang open.

"Oh fuck, I like Marcy..."

To be continued...

[a/n] usually whenever I update this I post two chapters at the same time but I ain't got time to make another one so, here ya go!

she finally knows her feelings for Marcy!!! crazy, ik.

stay tuned for the next chapter bruv, shit might get spicy.