29

A soft knock pulled Sap from his sleepy state, a light breeze dabbing his face from the window that was left open in a hurry.

"Y-yeah?" he coughed, inviting the knocker in. The white, wooden door squeaked open and a sweet man with a sheath of shiny, brown hair and rimless round glasses, holding a light-blue, plastic laundry basket entered. He dumped the basket of Sap's set of drawers, turning to him with disappointed eyes.

"Sanap it is 11 in the morning. What time did you even get to bed last night?" He put a hand on his hip and pushed the falling pair of glasses back up his nose. Sap turned himself over to face him, sitting up, no longer acting as a wall to Karl. "Oh and Karl's here too. Honestly, you're only 15 and there's already boys sleeping over." He sighed, "Well put away this washing and promise you'll get to sleep earlier."

Sap finally had a chance to get in even a breath, his dad's annoyed rambling finally over, "yeah, I will."

"love you." Bad said as he left, courteously closing the door be behind him.

Sap didn't bother with the basket of laundry on his drawers, instead flopping back down to embrace Karl again. He seemed to only be lightly asleep, the movement and talking worming their way into his brain, waking it. It certainly wasn't long, a minute if that, before the lethargic boy began to twitch between the borders of sleep and awake.

"Good morning K." Sap smiled, leaning down to pepper him with loving kisses. Karl squirmed away from him, slipping just out of his reach and smiled, rubbing his eyes.

"Stopp" he giggled, lifting his closed eyelids, revealing his silver eyes like a clam a pearl, and to Sap his happy grey eyes were worth millions more than a simple pearl, for there were hundreds of plain pearls, but only one set of idyllic, entrancing, ashen eyes, and they belonged to Karl, and he was perfect; more perfect than he realized, even if he himself was blind to that fact, Sap saw it, Sap saw all the quintessential parts of him that even a detective wouldn't be able to find.

Karl yawned, shuffling back over to Sapnap and propping himself against his side. Sap wrapped and arm around his small shoulder, letting him cuddle closer and rest his battered head.

"You up for doing anything today or just rest?" He inquired, threading his hands through Karl's messed up bed hair, combing out any knots from his scruffy curls. There was a small 'mhm-mhm' (if anyone DARES-) in response and Karl finally found the comfortable position he was looking for, relaxing onto both the bed and Sap. "Okay then, what about breakfast?" Karl shook his head, closing his eyes once more.

"Well, guess I'll just eat all the pancakes myself." Sap sighed, standing up from the comfortable bed, leaving Karl to fall backwards from the absence of a support. He reached the door, expecting to be followed by a patter of small footsteps, but nothing. He turned around and Karl was simply staring into empty space.

"Seriously just turned down pancakes K?" Karl snapped his gaze to Sap, shrugging with a slight frown, Sap raised a concerned brow in his direction, "Is everything okay?" He asked, pacing back towards Karl, sitting next him and taking a fragile hand in his own. Karl's saddened eyes flickered up then down to his lap again, his fluffy curls shaking along with his head.

"I'll never be a real boy, will I?" Tightening his grip on Sap's hand, he looked up, searching for any emotion he could find in his boyfriend's eyes. When Sap said nothing, he tilted his head back, letting it fall against the headboard with betrayed defeat. "You're not speaking," he mumbled, Sap tried to say something but he couldn't find the right words, "You think I'm a girl, don't you? You don't even like boys, it's just because you think I'm a girl, isn't it?"

Sap's heart was racing as he listed to Karl, unable to speak, his throat clogged with sadness, regret and sympathy. He felt tears prick at his sore eyes and they grew hot with salt. He didn't think of Karl as a girl, he was a boy, just like himself, probably an even stronger boy to have to realize who he was and not know from birth; he wanted to tell him that, to tell him how handsome and beautiful he was, but the words he attempted to say filtered into silence.

Without words on his side, he reached around Karl, pulling him over into his lap, embracing him with tight love. Burying his face in Sap's neck, Karl returned the hug, scrunching the the back of Sap's hoodie in his fists. Sap cleared his throat, speech finally forming in his mouth.

"Why would you think that, K? You're a boy, my boyfriend, and you're perfect, and pretty, and I love you." He spoke clearly, kissing Karl's head gently after. Sap's arms remained locked around the small, weak boy as they sat in a comforting silence for a few minutes before he broke it.

"I think I have something that'll make you feel better K." Kissing Karl's head again, he stood up slowly, pacing to the other side of the bed - near the window. He bent down, grasping a cloth of white fabric. Turning back to Karl's inquisitive, confused eyes, found the shoulder straps and held them lightly, letting the crumpled fabric fall. Karl took it cautiously, turning it over until he found the label, he would have to cut that out later: labels are scratchy. He read it carefully, his mouth dropping open slightly as he finished reading. He looked to Sap.

"I got it second hand online."  Sap stated with a nervous chuckle, pinching at his forearm in anticipation. "I hope it fits." He added, waiting for a reply.

"I- You didn't have to Sap..." Karl turned it over again, feeling the taught fabric as he stretched it over his fingers. Standing from the bed, he threaded his arms around the other's torso, holding the elasticy material in his hands still, "Thank you..."

_________________________________________

cum