Chapter Twenty-Six

After finding my phone and reading those messages and listening to the voicemails, I've really been on edge. I confronted Ivan about it the second he got back that day, but he just told me not to worry about it, that they can't get to me. But is that really true? What if they do end up finding me? Then what? Will he be able to save me again?

I sighed, getting up and heading to my bathroom. I needed fresh air, but since I can't go outside, I figured a hot shower would be best to calm me down a bit.

As I was dressing, I heard knocking on my door. "Hang on a second" I said, quickly putting my shirt and leggings on. Afterwards, I opened the door to a smiling Ivan staring at me. "Yes?" I questioned, confused. He chuckled. "Would you like to go shopping with me?" He asked eagerly. I blinked in surprise. I was shocked, excited but then also scared. "Um.. I want to but-" he cut me off, and spoke.

"I know you're probably scared, but I'm gonna be right beside you. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you, okay? I just figured you'd want to get out for a bit instead of being stuck in here" he stated. I smiled, as long as I'm with him nothing can happen right? I hope at least.

"Okay" I said quietly, still unsure. Even though I'm terrified to step foot outside, it would be nice to get out for a while. So I told him that I'd be happy to go. And besides, it wouldn't kill me to get out of the house. Or will it?

I linked my arm around his, as we walked into different stores. I had my head down staring at the ground, the baseball cap Ivan let me wear was covering part of my face so I wouldn't be recognized if my family saw me.

I looked up when I felt him squeeze my hand. "You okay?" He asked concerned. "Yeah" I smiled at him. We walked to the fridge section of the grocery store and I helped him grab the items he needed. From the corner of my eye, I could've sworn I saw her; my mother.

Panic shot through me and I gripped Ivan's arm tightly. "You okay? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. I shook my head. "I-I thought I saw my mother" I said, with a shaking voice. He sighed, pulling me into a hug. "You're safe with me okay?" I nodded. "Thank you" I let out. We continued shopping for I'd say like twenty more minutes before we started heading back.

On our way back, he realized that he forgot something. So he parked infront of a little corner store. I was in the passenger seat of his car waiting for him to come out of the store.

The door opened on my side and then a hand covered my mouth. I screamed out but it was muffled due to the person's hand. I started kicking and hitting, in hopes of being let go. But I had no such luck. I then froze when I heard a slight chuckle.

No. My eyes widened. He found me. They found me. I'm no longer safe..

"We told you we were gonna find you" his voice is like poison, and I know I'm gonna want to just be dead at this point. He yanked me into his old beat up black van and shut the door. I looked back as he started driving off, and I banged on the window seeing Ivan standing by his car, panicking. I put my hands on the window as he looked at me, and then tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes.

"I'll save you" he mouthed. And that's when I lost sight of him, from the van turning a different direction. I kept my eyes on the window hoping to see his face again. But all I could see was blurriness.

And I was extremely terrified, even more than I've ever been in my entire life..