Chapter Twenty-Three

As I'm laying down on the bed with my eyes closed, I feel him laying down next to me. A second later, his finger is lightly brushing up and down my arm. "I know you're awake" he whispered towards my ear. I fought the urge to smile.

"No I'm not" I breathed out. He chuckled, pulling me closer. My face was now buried in his chest, as his arms were wrapped tightly around me. I smiled for a second before frowning.

Why am I enjoying this feeling of him touching me? He's way too close for my liking, yet I don't mind it. I can't though. I can't be enjoying this. But I want to.

A sudden burst of confidence shot through me, and I moved to where I was straddling him. I had his hands above his head as I started kissing his neck and the side of his face. He groaned as my lips slightly touched the corner of his.

"Claire" he breathed.

It was then that I realized what I was doing and shook my head. I let go of his hands and moved over towards his ear, and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, rolling off him. I got off the bed and walked into the bathroom, my back sliding down the wall as I brought my knees up to my chest.

This can't be happening. How can I have let it? How could I have developed feelings for him? He kidnapped me, and is forcing me to stay with him. But he also saved me from my abusive family.
I sighed, putting my head down.

Seconds later, I heard light footsteps followed with the sound of a throat being cleared. I looked up and saw him standing by the door frame just staring at me worriedly. I just kept my gaze on him, not saying anything until he spoke up, walking towards me. "What are you sorry for?" He questioned, sitting down infront of me. I let out another sigh before speaking.

"I don't know what I was doing" I admitted, just spacing out. He looked at me confused but then shook his head. "What are you talking about?" He questioned, gently rubbing my arm. I let out another sad sigh.

"I'm slowly starting to fall for you. Even though I shouldn't" I whispered, looking intently into his eyes.