Chapter Seventeen

Once again, I barely slept. I think I got maybe an hour or two of sleep. I tried to get more, but I just couldn't. So I laid there with my eyes closed pretending I was asleep. I heard moving here and there from Ivan, and I could feel his eyes on me, probably waiting to wake me from another nightmare.

Which is another reason why I can't sleep. I'm terrified I'd be reliving the tortures in my dreams. Makes me doubt that I'll ever truly be safe from them. I still wondered what did I do to deserve everything they did to me.

Like why was I forced to cook and clean at such a young age? I was going on nine years old when all this started. Before that, everything was okay. I was never abused, or cursed at. I was allowed to roam around the house whenever I wanted. Sometimes I got to sit in the living room with my parents and watch TV with them.

A tear slipped down my face from the memory. I miss that so much. Another tear fell from my eye. I blinked a few times making the tears go away. That's when I noticed it was light in the room.

I looked over and saw that Ivan wasn't there. I got up slowly and went to the bathroom, but froze when my hand touched the door knob. 'maybe I should use my own' I thought. I backed up and walked out of the room. I turned the corner and accidentally slammed right into him. "I'm so sorry, it was an accident" I said quickly, fear building up in my voice. I backed up and was about to run the other way, when he grabbed my hand making me freeze.

He looked at me with concerned eyes. "Don't" he said, walking closer. "You don't have to apologize. It's okay. Don't be scared, I promised you I would never hurt you. Okay?" He spoke again, grabbing both of my hands, while looking at me. I nodded. "Okay" is all I said. Feeling a little uneasy, I pulled my hands away and stepped back.

He sighed, but didn't say anything. So I spoke. "I-I have to use the bathroom" I said, as I quickly walked to my room and shut the door. I entered the bathroom, shut and locked the door before sliding down to the floor and letting out all the tears that I forced away.

The only thought in my head this time is; What the hell is wrong with me?