Chapter Twenty-One

The past couple nights, I've been having nightmares nonstop. One after another. At least this time I was able to wake myself up. I'd fall asleep for a second and then force myself to wake up. All because of them and the physical and mental pain they've caused me.

My nightmares would either be the same or sometimes change. I don't understand why I still have them, but I assume it's part of the trama from what I've been through.

The main nightmare I'd mostly have; my parents getting angry with me and then start beating me profusely. And me trying to get away from them but fail.

And the others would consist of; me being locked in a room, my entire body just full of excruciating pain. Me yelling for help, but no one answers, or even hears me. I'd see a guy walk in that I don't even recognize. But before anything can happen, I'd wake up.

The other nightmares I'd have aren't really considered nightmares, they're more of blank dreams. It's basically just me standing in a room that is completely dark. There's no movement, nobody around, no voices, nothing. Just silent and darkness.

I know that they're just dreams, but when I'd have them they felt so real. I really didn't understand it. Like why am I constantly having them? Is it supposedly a hint that I'm not as safe as I think I am? Or is it just the trama making me relive everything?

I sighed, shaking my head trying to get rid of those thoughts that just kept coming. I was tired but I didn't want to sleep. Not yet at least. So I grabbed my book and and started reading some more. I found that reading a book is actually quite calming.

Since Ivan wasn't here, he needed to run some errands, I've spent a few hours just reading and trying to stay awake until he got back. Once he did, I instantly fell asleep. I haven't slept at all yet so I was very tired.

That night I fell asleep in hopes of not having another nightmare..