Chapter Fourteen

I continued just staring at him. I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't form the words to speak. So instead, he spoke.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but I just hope in time you'll be okay with everything, and with me. I promise I'm not that horrible to live with" he joked, chuckling a little. But I still couldn't speak. I think I'm too much in shock. I looked down as I noticed my hands are still in his. A sudden thought came to mind.

"What's your name?" I asked.

He blinked in surprise, he looked taken aback for a second before smiling. "Ivan. I'm so sorry, I can't believe I never told you my name" he face palmed himself. For the first time in a very long time, I let out a small giggle. Which felt nice.

He chuckled. "And I know your name already, so you don't have to tell me" I raised my eyebrows. "You do?" I asked. He nodded. " Yes Claire, I really do" he snickered. " Oh.. " I let out. So I wonder what else he knows and how long has he been stalking me. And if what he says about 'saving' is true or not.

Even though he seems nice, I still don't trust him. After everything that my so called family has put me through, I've developed trust issues. It's hard trusting someone when you have no idea what their intentions really are. And when you've been mistreated by the people that are supposed to be there for you. The one's that are supposed to love and care for you.

Love. I wish I knew the meaning of that word. I don't even remember the last time I said or heard it. I completely forgotten the feeling. I wonder if it even exists. If I'll ever know the feeling. What it's like to love and be loved. I'll probably never get to know though.

Breaking myself out of my thoughts, I noticed Ivan was still sitting next to me. Also, his hands held mine. What is he still doing being this close to me? And why is he still holding my hands?

Thinking of an excuse, I just need to get away from him for a bit. This is something I'm not used to at all and like I said, I have problems with trusting people for obvious reasons.

"Um, I need to use the bathroom" I said awkwardly. "Oh" he immediately let go of my hands and got up, stepping away from the bed. "Thank you" I said quietly, and going into the bathroom. I quickly locked it, and acted as if I was using it. A minute later, I heard a slight knock. Afterwards he spoke. "Hey, uh I'm just gonna go make breakfast, so if you're hungry just come up"

"Alright" I said back. Leaning against the bathroom counter, I winced forgetting about the bruises that were still there. And that's when my thoughts started up again. My mind wouldn't shut off. It was on repeat nonstop.

Am I really safe here like he said? Can I really trust him? Will they find out where I am and bring me back there and torture me even more?

Will I ever really be free?