Chapter 175: Ninjago City vs. Ninja

Start from the beginning

Jay: (He whines.) You can say that again.

Dareth: But! (He looks at the audience.) What about all the times the Ninja helped this city? Like when they fought Garmadon? Or Unagami? Or the Quiet One? Or even the first time they ever saved this City from that giant snake and that dark lord dude? (To Toughbutt, sheepishly.) We have to take that into account too, don't we?

Toughbutt: I have. Which is the only reason I'm not sentencing them to life in prison. 

(The Ninja look at the judge hopefully as Nya smiles while the others beside her look at each other.)

Styx: (To himself.) Say community service, say community service, say community service. 

Skylor: (To Wu.) Told ya. 

Touchbutt: Instead, I'm sentencing them to five years in Kryptarium Prison! (He bangs his gavel again.)

(The decision causes an uproar among the observers. The Ninja sit there stunned as Nya gasps while Pixal and Styx comfort her. Wu looks at Skylor who facepalms.)

Dareth: Wait, what?!

Nya: No! 

Styx: You know how long five years are!

Kai: (He smacks the table pushing his chair away.) Come on, I want a recount!

Zane: We are in no position to demand for one. (Kai groans.) 

Crystal: Can't we reach another consensus? (She stands up.) We only broke the law to save Nya, the very same person who saved all of us a year ago!  

Lloyd: The Mayor wouldn't let us, what choice did we have?! 

Jay: Yeah- (He tries to stand up but trips.) Ow! 

Skylor: (A guard tries to stop her as she pushes the former away.) Give them another chance! 

Pixal: There must be an exception to the rules. 

Gaurd: (To Skylor and Pixal.) Ladies please, if you cannont stay silent during the trial I will have to ask you to leave the building. 

Styx: Not happening cop. (He yells towards the front.) I thought the law was supposed to enforce justice?! This is anything but just!

Skylor: Yeah! (Nya is seen sitting down taking in the scene.) They're the ones who've saved Ninjago multiple times for crying out loud!

Cole: (Sitting in his seat.) Dareth, come on, say something!

Dareth: (He sweats.) Uh- Your honour-

Toughbutt: Order! Order in the court! 

(Toughbutt bangs his gavel as the Ninja are taken away by the police officers.)

Nya: Guys! Kai! Jay!

Jay: Nya!

Kai: Don't worry sis, we'll be fine- (The doors close on him before he can finish.)

Styx: (To Wu.) Now what?

Wu: (He sighs.) I do not know. 

Dareth: Your honour! Can't we work something else out? Like community service! Or, or sweeping! Or some light trash pickup! (The door is slammed on him.)

(Later, at Kryptarium Prison, the Ninja are taken to their cells.)

Cole: After all we've done for Ninjago.