Act 6: Part 1

Uchiha Minako sat at her desk with a confident expression on her face. Beside her sat Sarutobi Mirai, who instead appeared contemplative.

"What do you think the test will be?" the eleven-year-old with unruly, short locks inquired to her best friend in a hushed tone.

"Hm, I'm not sure. It might be the clone jutsu. That's what my dad said he did when he graduated." Before Mirai could reply, Hideki-sensei walked into the room with a clipboard in hand and a smile on his face.

"Alright. When I call your name, you will follow me for the graduation test. First up is..." Mina pulled out a book from the pouch around her thigh, ignoring who was being called. It was in alphabetical order of last names after all. Regardless, she had found her current read in her dad's stuff that he left at home when he went on his mission and she had nothing else to read since she had read every book she owned at least three times. Unfortunately, she also lacked motivation to walk to the library, so she raided her parents room. Besides that, the book just looked interesting.

"Uchiha Minako." Hideki called out. Mina had been so into the book that when her name was called, she hadn't realised that Mirai had already gone and now had a black hitai-ate (headband) wrapped around her forehead. The girl put the novel away and followed her sensei to another larger room. He took a seat beside a man with brown hair pulled into a ponytail and a scar across his nose, while she awkwardly stood in front of them.

"Alright, Minako. Please perform the clone jutsu with three perfect clones, perform ninjutsu. If you are unable to do that, please perform some taijutsu, and finally hit those targets behind you with a few kunai. You may begin." Mina took a deep breath to help her focus and performed quick hand signs, focusing her chakra.

"Fire clone jutsu!" she exclaimed with confidence. Three doppelgängers of Mina appeared behind her. The teachers nodded in approval and she cancelled the jutsu. Mina turned toward the practice dummy designed for the ninjutsu part of the test. Once again, she weaved hand signs and stopped at the tiger sign.

"Fire style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" A collection of small fireballs flew toward the dummy, almost completely annihilating it, leaving behind singed material. Another nod of approval. On the last test, Mina pulled out three kunai, the equivalent to the number of targets and held them between her fingers. She took a deep breath and threw them behind her without looking. Only when the sound of them hitting wood echoed throughout the room, did she turn to look. No surprise to her, the kunai hit all three targets dead in the center. She simply blinked at the target whereas, her sensei and the principal's mouths were on the floor in surprise. They had no idea she could do that. Hideki was the first to recover from shock and he smiled proudly toward her. Ⱥs̷ ɨf ħɇ wa̷s̷ ŧħɇ øn̷ɇ ŧø ŧɇa̷ȼħ ħɇɍ ŧħa̷ŧ, ɏɇa̷ħ ɍɨǥħŧ.

"Well done, Minako. You have passed with flying colors as expected. Please choose a hitai-ate." He gestured to the many headbands placed on the table in front of him. Mina quickly chose a navy blue one and tied it around her forehead, allowing her bangs to frame it like a curtain on a stage performance. The Hidden Leaf symbol being the last act in the performance.

"Thank you, sensei." she replied with a bow. As Mina made her way back to the classroom, she couldn't shake the smile from her face and it grew even wider when Mirai congratulated her.

*******

The girl walked out of the academy with Mirai in tow. They both watched as families congratulated their fellow students. Eventually, Mirai also left Mina with a quick goodbye when she spotted her own mother.

"Mi-chan!" "Nee-chan!" two voices called out. Mina turned around with a warm smile, noticing Sakura and Sarada who were walking toward where she stood. 

"Mama, Sara-chan, You're both here? I thought you had work, Mom?" Sakura beamed and pulled Mina into a tight hug.

"I did, but I got off early and picked up Sarada so we could come see you." The woman ruffled her black hair and poked the metal part of her forehead protector. "I'm so proud of you! Great job!"

"Yeah! Great job, nee-chan!" Sarada exclaimed just as enthusiastically, hugging her elder sister around the waist, her face being pushed into Mina's stomach. The purple eyed girl patted her head, turning away slightly so they wouldn't see the tears in her eyes...happy ones, she promised.

"Thank you." Her voice wavered, but neither seemed too noticed. That night, the three female Uchiha's enjoyed a nice bowl of ramen at Mina's favorite restaurant to celebrate her graduation.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Mina is an over achiever and is rather cocky, but not many people know that as she mostly keeps to herself.

A/n: Heyyyyyy all! So Mina has now graduated...now the fun can soon begin *turns around in office chair and pets cat with glowing eyes*. Jk jk, kinda. Anyway! Please lemme know if any of the funky text, whether on the Act summaries or on a part, is unreadable because I will write what they say in the comments! Thank y'all so much for reading..finna make me cry fr fr 🥹. Please make sure to add this book to your library (though I'm sure most already have), vote on this part, and comment! I love reading them and I reply as soon as I can! 

- Lily <3

Q: What nature chakra type would you want (ie: water, fire)? 

A: I'd say fire or lightning because ✨Chidori✨

Published: 05/17/2023

Word Count: 951