Act 2: Part 1

A/N: This next act is entirely inspired by the YouTube video "SasuSaku I Birth of Sarada I Connections"

The family of three walked through a dense forest in the Land of Fire. The sky was beginning to dim and Minako laid asleep in Sasuke's arm. Her head was rested against the man's shoulder with his cloak wrapping gently around her small form. The girl gripped her beloved teddy bear tightly with her small hand as drool fell from her mouth and onto the older Uchiha, not that he minded much though. Sakura suddenly stopped and when Sasuke noticed, he carefully trotted over to her in concern.

"Are you alright?" he asked, noticing her hand clutching her stomach.

"My body hasn't been in very good condition lately..." she trailed off. Her husband's lips tugged downwards into a  frown and brought his voice down to a whisper, not wanting to wake their daughter.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"An idea, eh..." Sakura mumbled, gulping lightly. She removed her hand and stood up straighter in determination.

"Is there a hospital in this area, Sasuke-kun?" the woman questioned in a hushed voice.

"Not exactly a hospital, but a place where you can be examined. Why? what's wrong?" the man adjusted the little girl in his grip and he trailed his eyes over her form.

"I don't know for sure. I guess we'll find out. Let's go." He stared at her for a moment before nodding and starting in the direction of the "hospital". Some thirty minutes later, Mina began to stir. She looked up at her quiet parents in confusion as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"Where we goin'?" she asked, voice still groggy from being asleep. Sasuke glanced down at her.

"The Northern Hideout. We are going to visit Karin." The little girl's eyes lit up, the previous sleepiness now forgotten.

As soon as they entered the hideout, Karin snatched Mina from Sasuke's hold. She hugged the little girl tightly and cooed at her adopted niece.

"Aunt Kari!" the black haired girl grinned, hugging the woman back with just as much vigor. A cough in the background brought the Uzumaki woman's attention to the culprit. She narrowed her eyes studying the two Uchiha adults.

"What do you need?" she asked, still holding the small girl in her grip much to the younger's delight. She loved her auntie.

"Sakura hasn't been feeling well. Can you do a check up for her." the red haired woman agreed with slight reluctance, yet the results of said check up surprised all of them.

"Is this for real? No way!" Sakura and Sasuke exclaimed, a slight blush on their cheeks as Mina looked between them trying to figure out what was going on. The pink haired woman sat in shock on the medical bed with her husband standing beside her equally shook.

"Congrats. You're pregnant." Karin declared in a disinterested voice. The little black haired Uchiha tugged on her father's cloak.

"Eh? Papa, what does that mean, achi?" she asked when the man glanced at her. He crouched down and gave her a small smile.

"Mean's you're going to have a little brother or sister." Mina's eyes widened with joy and happiness as she climbed onto the medical bed and looked at her mother in anticipation.

"Where's my little sister, mama?" Sakura gazed at the girl in amusement as did Sasuke, Karin having left the room a few moments before.

"The baby is in my tummy." she said, taking Mina's small hand and placing it on her stomach. "How do you know the baby will be a girl, Mi-chan?" the woman questioned after the small hand removed itself. The little Uchiha girl sat on her knees in between the woman's legs and puffed out her chest proudly.

"I know 'cause I'm her nee-chan! Besides, I don't want a little brother." Mina stated, muttering the last part while glaring at the wall. The parent's laughed at this, making the girl narrow her eyes more.

"Don't laugh, achi! Boy's are dumb dumbs!" she firmly stated, her voice slightly above normal volume. She looked over at her father, noticing his face of mock hurt.

"Not you though, papa. You're great." Mina assured, before hopping off the medical bed and running off to find Karin.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Adding to the last fact, Author-chan came up with nine different titles to choose from including: Serenade of the Crow's Father and The Legacy of the Uchiha.

A/N: Time for Act 2! Yay! -Author-chan

Published: 01/09/2023

Word Count: 734