Act 2: Part 3

A/N: That quote makes me wanna cry 😢

"Bye bye, Auntie!" Karin gave the four year old a smile and adjusted her glasses after giving her a hug.

"Bye, Mina-chan! You be good, okay?"The small girl gave a nod and returned the smile before walking back to her parents and clutching Sasuke's hand.

"Bye, Karin!" Sakura bid with a soft smile clutching the sleeping baby in her arms.

"Yeah, goodbye, Sakura. See you later, Sasuke." Karin's eyes widened as Sasuke turned toward her with a small smile. He tilted his head slightly before replying.

"Ah, see you later." The Uchiha family began walking away, but stopped as Karin yelled out.

"Hey! Sasuke! Even if it's you, I won't forgive you if you ever hurt Sakura, Mina-chan, and Sarada-chan!" The only male of the family looked bewildered while Sakura and Minako giggled, the woman into her fist and the child out loud. 

*******

"Wow! It looks different. Did it change, achi?" Mina asked, sitting on her fathers shoulders as she eyed the Hidden Leaf Village from the entrance gate.

"No, it's still the same, Mi-chan." Sakura replied with a small, nostalgic smile, then turned to her husband. "Kakashi-sensei said he found us a house to live in and the rent is pretty good." At the male's nod, she led the family to a medium-sized two story house and pulled out the key with one hand while the other gently cradled Sarada. As soon as they stepped inside, with Sasuke having to duck so Mina didn't hit the door frame, the four-year-old's eyes went comically white and circular in amazement.

"Papa! Let me down!" she commanded, pulling on his dark hair. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she pulled off her shoes and dashed off through the house. There was a long hallway, then a door that went directly into the kitchen which was attached to the dining room and another door went into the living room along with a bathroom attached to it. When going up the stairs, a thin hallway with three doors greeted the girl. The first door was the master bedroom with an attached bathroom. The two other rooms were identical with a bathroom connecting between the two. By the time Sasuke and Sakura made their way into the farthest room toward the end of the hallway, They realised that Mina had claimed it as she lay sprawled out on the wooden floor, asleep.

*******

The young girl sat on her knees on her parents bed, gazing into the bassinet that sat beside it. She leaned on her arm as a soft smile filled her features at the sight of the sleeping form of her baby sister. Unbeknownst to her, Mina's parents stood by the door watching the scene with soft eyes. With the skills of being ninja, the man and woman made their way back to the living room. 

"I'm glad to have daughters." Sasuke broke the comforting silence as his dark eyes gazed at his wife. She tilted her head, pink locks falling over her shoulder as she took in his words.

"Would you have been unhappy if Mina and Sarada were sons?" Sakura inquired to which the man was quick to shake his head.

"Of course not. I'd love them all the same. Though to be honest, I would probably get the bad kind of deja vu if we had two sons. I'm happy with what we have." The woman smiled at his honesty, though it quickly turned to surprise as Sasuke looked at her with a tender expression and small up pull of his lips. "Okusan (wife), thank you." Sakura leaned into his side with a small blush and happy tight lipped grin. 

"No need to thank me, Goshujin (husband). You and the girl's make me happy too. I want us to stay like this forever." 

"Yeah." They stared at each other, green to onyx as the two leaned in. Just as their lips were about to touch-

"MAMA! PAPA! SARADA BIT ME!" The couple sighed and shook their heads in amusement. Sakura bit her lip to keep the smile off her face as she stood up, not wanting to upset Mina more. 

"Mi-chan, come down and let Sarada-chan sleep!" The woman and man watched as the little girl, wearing an overall dress and her ebony locks in pigtails, stumbled down the stairs with a pout. However, Mina's mood was quick to improve when she was handed a stick of dango. Her favorite food.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Author-chan has never had dango, but wants to try it to know why Itachi likes it so much. She has tried to make it, but failed miserably.

A/N: So. much. fluff! Eek! I love these cute moments and I hope you guys do as well! Enough fangirling, Lily (why'd fangirling correct to fingerling?...). Anywayyyys, I saw all of the favorites and views on previous chapters as well as when you guys added this story to libraries and I- YOU GUYS ARE SO GREATTTTT! Makes me want to cry happy tears, so thank you guys so muchhhh 😭, you have no idea how happy it makes me that you all are enjoying this story! Deep breath! Okay, the joyous tears have stopped. Anyway here's the boring reminders...make sure to favorite and add this story to your library to get updates when they come out, which is every week (Usually the beginning of the week, but you didn't hear that from me 👀).

Again, thank you all so much and have a great day/night!                   

~Author-chan <3

Published: 01/23/2023

Word Count: 917