Act 1: Part 6

A/N: Really long chapter today :D

The morning of the wedding, Sakura woke Mina as their routine called. The woman wore in a pink dress that stopped at her knees, heeled sandals, a pearl necklace and a red headband. Mina's eyes sparkled when she saw her.

"You look so pretty, achi!" the pink-haired lady smiled sweetly and patted the child on the head.

"Thanks you! Now let's get you ready." Sakura placed a dark purple dress on the small girl. It had a medium sized bow on the front, lacy flowing sleeves, and stopped a little past her knees. She also wore a pair of dark purple ninja sandals, and a cute silver bow in her shoulder length hair. Just like every other time Sakura dressed her, she clasped her hands together and studied Mina's appearance.

"You look so adorable, Mi-chan! I know I say that a lot, but it's true!" she explained. You could almost see the hearts that appeared to form in her eyes. Hand-in-hand, The two left the apartment and made their way to the forest clearing that was set up for the reception.

*******

Minako took a sip of the drink Sakura had gotten for her. It was sweet tasting beverage that filled her mouth with a strong fruity flavour. The girl had asked her temporary guardian if she could walk around a bit to which the woman agreed, going off to talk with some friends. Mina placed her empty cup on a table to her right and looked around for someone to talk to. Her purple eyes landed on a girl with brown hair that looked around her age. She sped over to the girl, but before she could reach her, she ran right into a brick wall- except it wasn't a brick wall, but a the legs of a tall man. The black haired girl fell back on her behind, rubbing her nose that had taken the hit. She looked up from the ground to the mystery man that was now crouching in front of her.

"Are you alright?" the man asked, his seafoam coloured eyes looking at her in concern. Mina nodded quickly as she observed him. The mystery man had the reddest hair she had ever seen and the eyeliner he wore made her mentally question if he was like those women that she had seen wondering the streets of other villages with smudged lipstick and messy locks. She never got a good look at the wondering women though, as her papa would always turn her away from their direction. This man in front of her didn't have messy hair though, in fact, Mina thought she could see her reflection in it from how much gel he had used.

"Yes! Sorry, sir. I wasn't wa-watch-watching where I was going." Another mystery man who stood behind the redhead chuckled. Mina didn't know what was so amusing.

"It's alright. My name is Gaara and that's Kankuro." the redhead stated gesturing to the man behind him. The small girl grinned widely and jumped to her feet where she was face to face with the man, Gaara's, crouched form.

"My name's Uchiha Minako, achi! You can call me Mina, Gaara-san." Gaara's eyes widened, before he chuckled, patting the small girl's head. The child subconsciously noted how similar his reaction was to the ramen guy.

"Alright then, Mina-chan." the girl was about to take her leave when Kankuro crouched down beside the redhead. She held back a groan, just wanting to leave these boring adults to find the girl she'd seen earlier.

"Are you from around here, Mina-chan?" he asked.

"Nope! I'm staying here with Papa's fre-frin-friend. Are you, Kanko-san?" Mina asked, tilting her head slightly. Kankuro sweat dropped as he glanced at his brother, who happen to be looking back at him.

"We are from Sunagakure. I'm the Kazekage there. Now that I see you, I think I've met you before when you were a baby." Gaara answered shifting slightly uncomfortable under Mina's sparkling and excited gaze.

"Awe-awesome!" she exclaimed with joy.

"It was nice meeting you, Mina-chan, but I must stop the Raikage from destroying that table." Mina nodded as she watched them move toward an angry man with a big fist.