Act 1: Part 7

On Minako's third and final day with her Uncle Sui, the kunai she was using was hitting the target a few centimeters from the center. Her improvement in those three days may have even succeeded her prodigy father. She was so focused on landing the weapon in the middle red ring, that she didn't even notice that her parents were already there and talking to Suigetsu a few rooms over.

"Did she behave?" the black haired Uchiha asked his former revenge gang member™.

"Yep, she was very good!" The woman looked around the room when she notice that the subject of the conversation was missing.

"Where is she anyway, Suigetsu-san?" Sakura asked the man. He grinned in response.

"She's in the training room." the white haired man exclaimed, turning around to guide them to that room. The two Uchiha's glanced at each other in concern before following the man. The three adults walked inside just in time to see Mina releasing a kunai from her tiny grip and much to Sakura and Sasuke's surprise, the weapon landing slightly above the centre of the target. Almost a perfect shot. The little Uchiha girl puffed out her cheeks in annoyance in a similar way that her papa did as a child.

"Why won't you land where I want you too, achi?!" she scowled and turned around to retrieve another kunai. Mina jumped in surprise when she noticed the small audience watching her by the door. The feeling quickly turned to joy as she noticed her parents. Forgetting about her irritation at the target for a moment, Mina ran over and launched herself at the couple. They snapped out of their surprised daze and embraced their daughter in a family hug. Yet after a moment, Sasuke pulled away to glared at Suigetsu.

"Why are you teaching her this?" his voice was angry, but calm. It sent chills down the white haired man's back.

"Self defence. Heh~" he let out a weak laugh, though he was luckily saved when Mina began to talk about her new found talent.

"Don't think I won't remember this, Suigetsu." Sasuke hissed with a glare. The man wanted his daughter to be able to be a child as long as she could. He didn't want her to be forced to train like his older brother had been, he didn't want her to feel burdened, and he didn't want her to hide her pain as he had. As the family was getting ready to depart, Sakura held Mina's hand as the little girl waved goodbye to the now traumatised man.

"Bye bye, Uncle Sui!" 

Author-chan's Fun Fact: The title of the book wasn't decided until way later in the writing process, like Act 9.

A/N: Hey all! this is a very short part, so I will be uploading two parts today. Next up is the start of Act 2! Make sure to favorite and add this story to your library to get alerts when I update which is once a week!

-Author-chan :D

Published: 01/09/2023

Word Count: 498