Act 2: Part 2

Sakura sat on the medical bed, waiting for her check up with Sasuke beside her. The two Uchiha's were waiting for Karin to come in and do the examination. Suddenly, the door swung open and a black blur came barreling into the room, launching herself at the black haired man. He stumbled slightly and looked down to see his daughter looking up at him with a wide, innocent, puppy dog look in her purple eyes.

"Uh, Mina?" the man asked, shifting uncomfortably from the gaze. His child beamed at him. 

"Papa! Can I show you my ku-kunai throwing?" Sasuke glanced at Sakura who waved her hand dismissively.

"Go ahead, Sasuke-kun." Mina giggled happily and gave her mother a hug, before grabbing her fathers hand,  and pulling him out of the room. While Mina and Sasuke were gone, Karin and Sakura had a conversation and the red haired Uzumaki had gained a new found respect for the woman. (A/N: Watch the YouTube video I mentioned in Part 1 to understand)

Mina dragged her father all the way out to where targets were all set up. It was in a large room, about twenty away from the medical room that they had just come from. The black haired girl pulled out a kunai. Sasuke wanted to know where she had gotten it from, but decided to keep quiet instead. Though, he did mentally curse Suigetsu.

"Ready?" she questioned to which he nodded and moved away from her. Mina took a deep breath and looked at the target that intimidatingly stood eleven metres away. After studying it for a moment, she closed her eyes and threw it. The sharp weapon flew through the air and hit the centre of the target. When she heard the sound of it landing, Mina opened her dark purple eyes and glanced at it. Her lips upturned into a large smile as she turned to Sasuke who was staring at the target in shock.

"Did you see that, papa?! Did you, achi? I'm better than Uncle Sui now!" Minako exclaimed pridefully. All Sasuke could do was nod dumbly, his mouth hanging open slightly. His expression quickly changed into a small smile as he patted her head. Mina grinned with a small blush on her cheeks and ran over to the target to retrieve the kunai. 'Hn. Guess she got your prodigy genes, nii-san.' Sasuke thought, watching his adopted daughter struggle to pull out the kunai. He sighed and made his way over to help her retrieve it.

*******

Uchiha Sasuke gave his little girl a kiss on her head as she laid in a slumber on her futon. A grey blanket was pulled up over her shoulder, only revealing her unruly locks. Mina's papa whispered a soft "good night" to her and made his way to the door.

"You'll be a great big sister, it's in your blood." he muttered despite her already being asleep. Sasuke made his way back to his wife's side as they prepared for a long night.

*******

Mina opened her eyes and blinked sleepily as she felt someone shaking her gently. She looked beside the futon to see a head of black hair and the familiar dark eyes of her father.

"P-papa, wha' you nee'?" the small girl mumbled in question, wondering why he would wake her up so early.

"Do you want to meet your new sibling, Mina?" As soon as the older man asked, the girl tore her blanket off and got up immediately, all signs of tiredness gone. She grabbed Sasuke's hand and began pulling him out of the room.

******

Sakura and Karin looked up just in time to see little Mina prancing into the room in her light purple nightgown with a bright smile on her face, and Sasuke trailing close behind.

"Mama, Aunt Kari, where's the baby, achi?!" she inquired excitedly as her eyes scanned the room until they stopped on Sakura who held a bundle in her arms. The male Uchiha picked up the girl and placed her on the bed beside his wife. The pink haired woman smiled gently at her toddler daughter, and held the bundle toward her so she could see inside.

The baby had the typical Uchiha features and Mina tilted her head, studying the new baby intently, taking note of said features. Unknown to the girl, all three adults were watching her intently to see her reaction. Mina sat on her knees and reached her hand toward the blanketed newborn. Slowly, she poked the baby's chubby cheek.

"Kinda funny lookin'. Squishy." her parents and aunt sweatdropped at her proclamation and yet,  Sasuke let out a breath, having expected a bad reaction. He'd never been happier to hear her strange exclamation.

"What do you think, Mi-chan?" Sakura asked quietly, smiling down at the happy baby that was trying to eat their older sibling's finger.

"Is it a girl? What's its name, achi?"

"Yes, the baby is a girl. Your older sister's intellect was correct, Mi-chan." Sakura paused and looked at the girl who held a smug expression. The pink haired woman glanced at her husband, then back at her children.

"We decided on the name Sarada. Uchiha Sarada." As soon as the name was revealed, Mina deadpanned.

"Salad? Really?" All she received in reply was a nervous chuckle causing the four-year-old roll her eyes playfully.

"I wanted to name her Dango." Mina mumbled with a small pout, resembling a certain version of a young duck butt. Sasuke, who heard this, choked on his spit, but decided to ask the reason for the sake of amusement.

"'Cause 'is good." she casually replied with a shrug. "Anyway, can I hold baby sissy, Mama?" Sakura nodded and placed Sarada in her arms as soon as Mina was beside her, leaning on the pillows of the bed. The pink haired woman kept her arm behind the baby's head as she was placed in her sister's lap. The purple eyed girl smiled widely as onyx eyes gazed curiously back toward her.

"Hi, Sara-chan! I'm your nee-chan, Mina, achi! We're gonna be great friends and I'll 'rotect you, 'kay?" The only reply she was given was a gummy smile, but it was enough for the four-year-old.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Author-chan was originally going to have Mina want to name Sarada 'Izumi' in reference to Itachi's dead girlfriend which would have made Sasuke think she knew something more. It was changed to be more comedic.

A/N: Hey all! Guess who's back at college 🤪. Don't worry though, the updating schedule will remain the same (perks of having written the entire story already). You may have noticed the edit I made on the Act Two page. That was made because Part 2 would have only had 400-500 words, which is too little for you great folks! Haha! Glad that was fixed. Anyways~ make sure to favourite and add this story to your library to get notified for when I update which is once a week! Sharing helps too, hehe 🥺.                                                                                     

I hope you all have a fantastic day/night!

~ Author-chan, Lily <3

Published: 01/18/2023

Word Count: 1,162