Act 3: Part 2

Mina and her family all made their way to the academy for her first day. She held Sasuke's hand looking confident in her high collared dark purple long sleeved shirt that sported the Uchiha clan symbol on the back. Her hair fell down her back like a dark curtain, bangs framing her face like usual. Sakura had dressed the family in nice clothing as that day was just orientation and when Mina would meet her sensei. She also wanted the family to look great for her daughter's debut, after all, The Uchiha were a pristine clan. The young girl searched the crowd of people until her dark purple eyes stopped on a head of short dark brown hair. She pulled Sasuke with her, Sakura, holding Sarada on her hip, followed close behind.

"MIRAI!" the six year old cried out in excitement. Her best friend turned around and immediately the two latched onto each other in a tight hug.

"Mina! I missed you!" Sarutobi Mirai replied happily into the Uchiha's shoulder. Her mother gazed at the two girls in amusement as they continued to exclaim how much they missed each other, before turning her attention to the Uchiha family.

"Kurenai-sensei, it's nice to see you!" Sakura smiled at the woman while Sasuke gave her a polite nod.

"It's nice to see you as well, Sakura-san, Sasuke-san, and little Sarada-chan. How have you been?" the woman questioned, returning the smile.

While they talked, Sakura placed Sarada on the ground with Sasuke keeping an eye on her. The little onyx eyed girl immediately went over to her big sister, hugging her around her waist. Mina bent down and pulled the small girl onto her back for a piggy back ride all the while continuing to speak with Mirai. The very gesture made the male smile lightly remembering his own brother. Soon, everyone was drawn to the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Hello. I'm the Rokudaime (Sixth) Hokage, Hatake Kakashi." a certain man with greyish white spiky hair called out to the crowd. His half lidded onyx eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on the Uchiha family. A smile grew on his mask-covered lips and he continued to look at everyone. "I will be calling the names of enrolled students and they will go through those doors over there. There the students will be instructed on which classroom to go to and meet their sensei." He looked down at the list in his hands and began to call them out.

"Riruki Rime, Morororebi Setsuko, Tatsuhachi Dondo, Tsunenji Kiribara, Kimayori Ainen, Hyuga Shinchi, Aburame Chikari, Hazue Isamu....." He continued to call names out in no particular order. "Yamanaka Yana, Hiktoru Doguchi... Sarutobi Mirai...." Mina waved at her as she left. "Shiruri Kumaki, Uchiha Minako..." The six year old gave her sister to her mother and went to the building, waving at her family as she left.

"Name please?" a kind woman with greying brown hair asked after she had entered the academy.

"Uchiha Minako." the girl proudly exclaimed. The woman smiled at her and gazed down at the list in her hands.

"Lets see. Hmm. Ah! here you are. You are in room A105. That's just down that hall and take a right, Minako-chan." Mina bowed lightly and thanked the woman like her parents had taught her and followed the directions.

As soon as she walked into the classroom, all eyes were on her for a moment, before they left her form moments later. All the children were talking cheerfully to each other, but Mina didn't focus on that. Her eyes lit up as soon as they landed on her friend and she practically flew up the stairs towards the girl.

"Mirai! I missed you, achi! I was afraid we'd be in different classes." she greeted with a dramatic hug. The Sarutobi giggled at her antics and hugged back.

"I missed you too! I haven't seen you in five minutes, Mina. It was awful!" she mused for the sake of her friend who grinned widely in response. The ebony locked girl quickly took a seat beside the other girl as the desks were two seated.