Chapter 174: A Painful Promise

Start from the beginning

Styx: (He puts his hand up.) Okay, if you leave then we're taking you back-

Aspheera: Don't bother, I already know your little friendssss are on the run by Ninjago's government. You won't be able to hand me in without they themsssselves getting caught.

Styx: (He groans, facepalming.) Seriously why does this snake have to be so annoying-

Wu: Wait! (He grabs Aspheera's arm before she can slither away.) I'm sure they'll be back soon. What will keep you here?

Aspheera: Interesting question. (She turns back.) When I was in prison, I spent a lot of time dreaming about defeating the Treacherous Deceiver in a variety of ways. (She points.) That's you. You're the Treacherous Deceiver.

Styx: (Sarcastically) Gee, like we totally didn't know that.

Aspheera: (She humphs before pointing at Styx.) And I take it you are part of that Dravandai Tribe I've been hearing sssso much about? 

Styx: How'd you figure that out, the white scales or the newspapers you had to read in prison. (He smirks as Aspheera hisses at him.) 

Aspheera: You are a disgrace to the name of the Serpentine. (She faces Styx.) Puny, tiny, weak. 

Styx: (He glares at Aspheera.) And you're a disgrace to the name of Magic. Then again, Magic always seemed to have something sinister going on beneath the surface, or in your case scales.

Aspheera: (She scoffs before turning to Wu.) Turning a snake away from it's kind. Another reason you are known as treacherous...

Wu: (He sighs nudging Styx back on his shoulder.) I know you believe that of me.

Aspheera: Then don't make me the villain here. (She slithers away as Styx crosses his arms annoyed.) 

Wu: (He thinks for a moment before shaking his head.) What do you have in mind?

Aspheera: (She smiles and turns back around.) How about a series of contests? To test our strength and cunning.

Styx: Not how you use the word.

Wu: With Nya in mortal danger, you expect me to-

Aspheera: Yawn. (She turns to leave but Wu quickly stops her.)

Wu: Very well. What kind of contests?

(Meanwhile, in the courtyard, Aspheera and Wu lift weights as Styx watches this.)

Aspheera: 98, 99, 100. I win!

Wu: Well. (He fixes his hat.) I am thousands of years old.

Aspheera: So am I. 

Styx: (Mutters.) Why are we doing this. (To Wu and Aspheera.) Next contest!

(In the game room, Aspheera and Wu arm wrestle. Aspheera wins.)

Aspheera: Yes! Such a Wu-ser. It's like loser but with "Wu" in it, as that's your name.

Styx: Worst insult I've ever heard.

Aspheera: And you are the worst serpent I've ever met.

Styx: (He scoffs.) If you think I'm bad you should see Pythor. 

Wu: (He rubs his arm.) Are we done?