A new home

Three months had passed since the turtles got their colors, and they finally got to see the place under the metal circle. Sir shiny calls it 'the sewers'. It's dark and really big, but White and her brothers can run around all they like, plus there is lots of water, like everywhere! White doesn't get why Orange and Red don't like the water. It makes her leathery skin feel nice and smooth and cool. Before they came to the sewers, White, Purple, and Blue often held rainy days in high regard, as their skin and scales would end up stone dry and angry red from all the scratching they did.
Their new home was near a flowing part of the sewer river, with a net placed within to keep the triplets from floating away when they play in it. Their home had 6 rooms, one for sir shiny, one for Red & Orange, one for the triplets, a bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. The triplets room had a small bathtub and a little bed, White always slept in the tub, as her skin dried out shockingly quick, with either Blue or Purple joining her, they alternated each night.
White was playing with something sir shiny called 'paper' when she heard a soft rustling, meaning sir shiny has brought food and blankets back. With a squealing chirp, White crawled to sir shiny, calling the attention of her triplets. Red and Orange were already there when the triplets arrived to see what sir shiny got them.
Orange got first dibs on the goodies, and predictably, he picked the teddy blanket. White held her triplets back so Red could get the next pick, his choice of the giant (to them) elephant plush was also predictable. Purple grabbed a big, soft, purple sweater, Blue grabbed an action figure, and White got two big, flat books.
One book had three pictures of hands in different positions, a fist, a different fist, and an l shape. Below each picture was a big letter, A, S, and L. I wonder what that stands for. Opening the book, White saw the same fist, an open palm with a thumb folded in, a curved hand, and a hand with the pointer finger raised. Beneath each of them were the letters A B C and D.
'What are you looking at?' Purple chirped. White gave a slight start, he was so quiet!
'I found weird pictures in this book' White chirped in response, 'can you help me read it?'
'Do you even need to ask?' Purple chirped, 'Let's have a look!'
Although the two didn't have a high reading level, they did know enough to understand that it was a book of letters, numbers, and words in something called 'sign language'. To Purple and White, this meant that they could learn how to speak to Sir shiny in a way he could understand, their chirps could only go so far after all.
Over the next few weeks, after White roped Blue in, (The power of her puppy-dog eyes knows no bounds) the triplets practiced sign language, learning several simple phrases and preparing a presentation board to show to Sir shiny. They had gotten 'please' 'thank you' 'food' 'water' 'tired' 'itchy' 'toilet' and 'sick' on their poster board when a thought came to White.
'We should read the other book Sir shiny got,' White chirped.
'Yeah, we should,' Purple responded.
The book had five people on the cover, two adults and three kids underneath the word 'Families' in big shiny lettering. The triplets read the first few pages on the parts of families, and they collectively came to a conclusion. Sir shiny fits the definition of a Dad.
After a few final changes and details, the triplets were ready. Purple would be presenting and pointing, Blue would be holding the board, and White would be translating sign language.
Lou Jitsu was confused with what the little creatures in his care were doing, the triplets (Or at least that's what he called them based on how they act) had set up a large poster board, with Blue standing behind it for stability, while White and Purple standing infront of it. Purple clapped twice to get Lou's attention and yanked the white sheet off the poster. It just had random words on it. From what Lou could see, the poster had the words 'Me' 'you' 'I love you' 'toy' 'food' 'water' 'please' 'thank you' 'tired' 'itchy' 'toilet' 'sick' and 'hug', with one other being hidden by another sheet. Purple clapped again, and pointed the stick in his hand at 'me' then pointing to White, who, having clearly practiced this before, pointed one finger at herself. Purple then pointed at 'you', with White subsequently pointing at Lou.
After White demonstrated 'hug' Lou made a move to stand up, but White and Purple quickly scrambled to stop him. Purple tapped the hidden word twice, and White tapped her thumb to her forehead and pulled her hand away in an arching motion. With a smirk, Purple whipped off the last sheet. Underneath was the word 'Dad'. It took several year for the triplets to understand why their simple presentation drove their father to tears.

I have a book on sign language, so, I used what I know.