Sleep

I was cold every time I look at the time my anxiety ticks up a little more it is currently three AM and I have not slept for half a second my brain is on full hyperdrive, all I can think about is how mad Ryder is.

I want to go comfort him but I know I'm the one who made him mad so I'm probably not the person he wants to see right now.

I'm going to go down and get a drink of water hopefully it will help me calm down.

I went straight to the kitchen this place still mildly scares me at night in the dark I took a sip of water and set my glass down as I turned around and notice Ryder was on the couch I didn't notice him before.

I slowly tip toed over to the couch where I stood over the couch I could hear his soft snores lulling me to sleep he looked exhausted and perfect all at one time.

I know it's impossible but I felt a physical push to lay next to him all the while slowly my eyes closing further and further.

I could see his eyes fluttering a little bit I yawned he looks dangerous even in his sleep I don't think anything could take him down his shoulders are huge no wonder he was able to swim in that ice cold water and drag me to the surface.

I don't know how I could ever think he was human.

Ryder had a piece of hair hanging down over his forehead I shuffled a couple steps forward and I pushed the hair up immediately I pulled my hand back. I am literally acting so freaking creepy right now.

I turned to walk away but felt a firm grip on my wrist "lay with me?"

I was so startled I gasped and jumped a little Ryder pulled me around the couch and looked me in the eyes in question.

I nodded I leaned down and lifted the edge of the blanket and laid down and faced my body in towards Ryder's.

I just laid there stiff not talking or moving even though there was so much I wanted to say to him.

"Relax Vivian, why did you do run from me."

"That wasn't you that was a giant black wolf that could eat me in one bite."

"Didn't you watch me change that wolf is in me."

"I'm going to need some time to accept that,"I paused, "could you explain what really happened earlier?"

"I transformed into my wolf."

"But that makes no sense it's not possible."

"Most humans think that way if you need to see it again then I can do it again for you tomorrow, but you can't freak out seriously I need to be able to ensure your safety above all else."

"So you said something about me being your mate what does that mean?"

"It means we are made for each other my scent is made to smell great to you and vise versa I mean you think I smell good right?"

I smiled and blushed looking away from his eyes.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "because you should know you smell amazing. Can you feel the sparks?" he rested his hand on my side and smiled immediately I knew what he meant, "I know you feel the pull otherwise you would never have come down here."

Everything seemed to make more sense now I don't know why because he told me this all earlier but maybe I'm just finally ready to accept all of this.

Super short chapter I'm sorry about that I try to get them all to about 1000 words or more usually more but the way this worked out it just ended up a little different then I planned.