cupcakes and Capri Suns

I fell asleep and slept the whole way to the place where the tournament is held.

After four mind numbing hours of watching my sister Piper play basketball and wait to play basketball it's finally over we all walked out to the car to drive to the hotel.

On the way my mom said, "So honey you will be staying with the littles because our room only has one bed and your sister is with her team in a separate room."

I glanced over at my sister whispering with her friends and giggling

Great I will be sleeping with all the four year olds.

"What about Myra?" Myra practically my worst enemy and Piper's best friend's sister even before me and Jake split she treated me like she was above me she's always been that way.

"I don't know honey I think her parents might have bought a double bed, room.

Why am I even surprised oh wait I'm not.

When we got to the hotel we all went inside all the rooms were side by side there were like six rooms for all the different families one room for the little kids and one room for the team the parents just figured they'd all sleep on top of each other and since my sister and her team won all their games her coach wanted to celebrate and invited all the parents to a little get together in the hotel.

  apparently there is some huge business deal going down with some companies and they are all staying here, so he had to really bargain to get the party room on such late notice. After a while all the parents and kids started showing up once everyone made it they all talked for a while.

"So Vivian you plan on doing softball again this year?"

I nodded I would answer her using my voice but she wears me out. Makes sense her being Myra's mother.

Myra hasn't said one word to me she just stares at her phone screen and gives the squealing girls in the corner a dirty look every now and then.

"Hey Vivian your mother tells me you don't want to hang out with all the little kids which is understandable if you would like you could come to our room I made cupcakes but I didn't get around to frosting them I'm sure Myra would be okay with you helping her out."

"Okay I'll do that, that sounds like fun."

She gave me a big smile.

Shortly after everyone split up, the parents to the party room, the whole basketball team to their room, and the little kids to theirs. I followed Myra to her room, she opened the door and let me in.

She went and laid on the bed still on her phone.

"The frosting is in the mini fridge I would help but it's kind of boring."

I ignored her, hey I need to look on the bright side a little more often. I needed something to do and this will keep me busy.

I carefully frosted all the cupcakes and purposely saved some extra frosting for the last one then I picked it up and ate it.

Myra finally spoke, "Hey would you mind taking the cupcakes to the girls."

"Um-"

"Okay great thanks."

At this point I am considering murder but I wouldn't want to have to deal with that in church, so I stuffed my phone down in my sports bra and grabbed the cupcakes and went out the door shoving it shut just a little too hard.

I went and opened the door to the girls room and set the cupcakes on the counter I rounded the corner and just as I expected it was a full on sleep over.

Maybe they will just let me hang out they were screaming and laughing about Lily liking a boy named Brendan Hirsch I just walked in and sat down on a chair off to the side I spoke up, "Is Brendan Hirsh related to Michael Hirsh?"

"Uh yeah why does it matter?" Lily asked like I was slow or something.

"Oh nothing I was just wondering Michael is in my grade."

A girl named Stacy nodded at me slowly, "Cool."

Everything went dead silent for about ten seconds until Lily spoke, "It's cool that you are here but could you like leave please."

"There is nowhere else to go."

"Go hang out with the little kids or something." Myra's sister Jane helpfully interjected.

"Would it be such a big deal if I just sat here with you guys?"

"Vivian leave!" Piper yelled.

Whatever screw this I got up and walked around the corner I grabbed the cupcakes

No way am I letting them have any. I don't care if they aren't mine as the delivery girl I reserve rights to withhold all goods.

I walked over to the little kids room where Ciara was in her underwear jumping up and down on the bed and there were two little boys screaming the gummy bear song at the top of there lungs and it looked like they were covered in water all there hair was matted down and they were dripping water everywhere.

So basically 'my personal nightmare' pretty much sums it all up nicely.

"You can all have one cupcake if you say Vivian is the best."

The two little boys showed up and immediately said it and gave me huge toothy grins I handed them both a cupcake.

Why can't guys stay like this forever?

Ciara came right up and said, "I don't have to say that, I'm your sister."

I mumbled whatever and reached in and was going to just give it to her but the boys screamed "No!" At the top of their lungs.

"What?" I said

One of the boys spoke, "You made us say it she has to say it too or it's not fair."

"Guys I was just being silly it's not a big deal."

I handed a cupcake to Ciara wanting to get out of there as fast as possible.

The other boy yelled as I was walking over to leave, "Well then we take it back, Vivian sucks."

I take back anything I have thought about boys being any different at any point in their life they suck at every age. I have a headache.