Empty

Hello I don't even know where this idea came from but as soon as I had it I knew I had to write it down this book will have some small correlation to the book 'feisty little wolf' it took me a long time to decide if I was going to publish it I will be finishing my other book too but I felt this idea was too good to go to waste because I would forget it I think this book will be able to be read as a stand alone.

   It's scary how alone your own mind can make you feel. It can make you think no one actually knows what you are thinking or feeling at any given moment and that they really wouldn't care. I'm not sure if that's accurate that's just how I feel.

Golden light is pouring in through my window I sit up on my elbows and yawn, finals week was a nightmare. For more reasons than anyone would understand, what hurts the most is not having anyone to get through the long nights with, when there is actually not a single person you feel like you could call in your time of need it's a really empty feeling maybe that's what I'm feeling, empty, but I know it's more than that I'm jealous of everyone around me who seems to have their life together.

I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and stretched. I went straight to the kitchen and got a pop tart.

My mom walked in looking as tired as me, "Hey honey are you packed?"

"Packed for what?"

"Vivian," my mom scolded rubbing her temples with two fingers.

"I told you about this last week, your sister has a basketball tournament two hours from here it goes for three days so your father and I decided we were going to stay in a hotel it will be like a mini vacation just go get packed."

"But mom, we just got done with finals and I'm exhausted could I stay here I'm seventeen I can handle myself."

"Nuh uh we go on vacation together, anyways while it is work to have fun you will be able to relax there way more than you would be able to here."

"But mom—"

"One more word and I'm taking your phone I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now."

I grunted and walked back to my room honestly I'm not sure why I even bother leaving my room it only causes more problems for myself.

I slammed my door and started haphazardly throwing clothes into my duffle bag hopefully I end up with clothes I actually wear.

After I packed everything I'd need for the next three days I zipped my duffle and then shoved it to the door with my feet.

I let myself fall back on the floor. why can't I get a break? This year has been terrible.

I caught my boyfriend kissing Lidia a couple months ago.

Me and Jake have known each other for years we went out on my dad's boat and water skied together we went on vacations together. I'm not sure if I ever liked Jake in that way as far as dating goes but he asked me out and I didn't want to make things weird so I ended up with him we never kissed I knew he wanted to and I think we only held hands once but we were the cute couple I was mellow and laid back and he was the partier, the go-getter, and whatever lame description people tried to put on us.

I found out on Halloween Jake called me saying he really wanted to go to this party we had a big fight over nonsense the night before so I told him I wouldn't go if he was there.

I sat in my room for an hour debating in my head what I should do we had been planning our outfits for weeks I was going to be Marilyn Monroe and he was going to be Elvis Presley. It was supposed to be like a throwback.

I decided I should make up with him, boyfriend or not he was still my best friend and I needed to end this fight.

I got all dressed up and bought some caramels to give to him. I didn't have the car for the night so I had to walk the three miles down there but once I got there I was hit with a fresh wave of energy.

It was a huge party I could see and hear it from a block down.

I got inside and squeezed past all the sweaty dancing bodies. I figured he would be in the kitchen with all his football buddies discussing last night's game.

But he wasn't there I walked right up and asked the guys.

"Hey guys what's up?"

"Sweet costume V looks nice. haven't seen you around in a few days, how have you been." Michael asked.

"I'm doing fine just came here to talk with Jake. You seen him?"

The guys all stopped talking even with each other Michael gave me a pitying look I raised my eyebrow at him then said, "Do you guys know where he's at or not?"

Gage scratched his head and said, "I think he went upstairs." Jared hit him in the shoulder and said, "What the heck man?"

"Jake can't get away with everything."

Are these guys drunk or something what are they going on about I gave him a weird look then turned on my heel and walked up the stairs I looked in all the rooms except the bedroom.

I swung the door open and saw Lidia making out with Jake on the bed.

It's hard to explain I was just numb I didn't cry I didn't scream and throw all my things on the floor I just stood there they eventually saw me and broke apart Jake tried to smooth things over in his cool way of doing things but I stopped talking to him and all his friends that day I was so betrayed like everything was crumbling the conversation I didn't understand downstairs made sense now and he said Jake can't get away with everything how long has this been going? On how stupid do I look? How could this have happened to me?

But that's why stuff at school sucks I have no one to talk to because when I stopped talking to Jake I was enemy number one nobody wants to be associated with the girl who supposedly dumped the life of the party because that scares people if I can dump him than anyone can be dumped.

It's not a fun reality for most. If I'm honest with myself though a bunch of rumors spread about me the week I caught them and I know Jakes the one who ran my name into the ground, and thats really why no one wants to associate with me.

When finals came I drowned myself in my work and shut down my mom's sick of my moods and I get it I think she chalked it up to my period for the first month but now she's just sick of me I haven't told her about me and Jake honestly I am doing my best to just forget it all.

I stood from the floor and grabbed my duffle I walked outside and tossed it into the van and went back inside and changed out of my PJs and put on some shorts and a tank top and got my phone no texts can't say I'm surprised I decided to go out to the living room my mom was yelling at my younger sister Ciara to put her shirt on and the TV is blasting a recorded episode of SpongeBob.

"Go get in the car honey I've already packed now I just need everyone to load up."

Well this is going to be a blast. Not.