Exposed

We're back at the house I'm laying on my stomach on the massive bed in here Ryder gets up and runs at random times every day so he's not here he should be getting back soon. I got to take the wrap off my arm earlier.

My stitches dissolve after they serve their purpose so I didn't have to get them removed.

I really just want to do something I'm kind of bored I stood up and walked to the door right when I reached for it, it slid open I jumped back Ryder just stepped in he looked good.

He was still sweaty from his run but I always have this strange urge to like hug him and attach myself to his hip I feel this energy run through me when he gets close it's like delight and completeness all at once.

All of a sudden Ryder snapped his fingers in front of my face I guess I was in kind of a trance it's like my mind is trying to tell me something it doesn't understand.

"Vivian there is some stuff I need to explain to you." I blinked at him and then I nodded and sat down on the bed with my arms crossed. It's about time he gives me the answers he has been talking about since I got here. Once I was sitting looking across at him he said

"You've heard the words mate, mates, Luna, and alpha etc. and I'm sure you didn't quite understand."

"This," he pointed to the floor, "this place we are in is called a pack the reason I took you is because you are my mate, we are werewolves and we live out here you will help me rule this pack and take care of it because you are the Luna basically you are the queen and I am the king."

I blinked this guy is crazy or maybe I'm going crazy I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples I looked back at Ryder when I opened my eyes he was looking at me almost wondering if I believe him of course I don't freaking believe you, you dimwit you are not a werewolf.

"Yeah you are a wolf I'm a vampire and my mom is a cat dad is half chicken and my sister is a snake."

I stared at him with a blank expression he smiled and said, "guess I'll just have to show you."

"Sure turn into a wolf and I'll believe you." I rolled my eyes at him.

He walked to the middle of the room in his shorts and just stood there for a second, "Viv you can't run you need to be calm about this."

I stared at him with skeptical eyes, how dumb does he think I am I mean seriously?

After a second or two more of trying to convince me by just staring into my eyes he stood a little straighter.

He shut his eyes and I'm starting to think maybe he believes it and he's crazy and he kidnapped me a ripple of fear ran through my whole body.

Maybe I should run maybe...

Just then I heard a crack I looked up Ryder's face he was more stoic than usual and then almost like magic there was more cracking and Ryders bones started popping and turning in ways I know they shouldn't I squeezed my eyes shut.

My breathing ratcheting up about forty notches .

I felt something cold touch my knee and I about jumped out of my skin I opened my eyes wide there was a huge black wolf he nudged my knee again.

I jolted my body visibly shaking. There is no way that's Ryder, but I can't really explain what I just saw either.

I could barely talk over my breath which was accelerating with every breath, "Nice...uh...doggy..."

Slowly I started to ease my way back so I could roll over the bed and and get to the door I knew I was fast but I'm not sure I was fast enough.

I want to start crying the fear coursing through my veins is so immense I just want to break down this is not a dog sized wolf this animal could kill me in half a second just looking at its jaw and it's huge size.

I scooted back another inch not breaking eye contact the wolf was so focused on my face his eyes swirled with gold that I have only seen one other time in Ryder's eyes. I don't think he even noticed my subtle movements.

I was very calmly trying to keep distance between me and the animal I tried to scoot my hand back another inch but just then I heard a soft growl almost like a warning that was my breaking point.

I started whimpering and my eyes got all blurry I froze I stopped moving back. The wolf started whining and completely ignored all the space I put between us he laid his huge head on my lap.

Then he nuzzled my clenched fist up to pet him.

The door flung open and Shawn walked in, I used this as my moment I jumped over the back of the bed sprinted straight at Shawn and shoved him into the door with all my force pushing my way out I quickly scaled the steps and got outside through the front door I can't just run that wolf will catch me there was a corner out around the porch and I sat there the cold just hit me I must really be amped up on adrenaline.

Sure enough not even ten seconds after I hid here Shawn and the wolf shot out of the house Shawn took off down the steps. Ryder ran out in a different pair of shorts and immediately halted and look right at me.

I ran away in the opposite direction around the wrap around porch and down the steps on the other side I turned to look back after I got off the porch and I hit a hard chest it rattled me a little bit and I fell back on my butt.

Ryder kneeled down he said, "where are you hurt?"

He picked me up after assessing the fact that I wasn't going to die from any of my injuries and climbed the wall or fence thing, I had ran around, like it was nothing holding onto me with one arm.

When we got up to the room he set me on the bed and said, "You need to listen to me and listen good, everything outside the fence wants to kill you and I can't have that so you are to listen to me and obey my rules firstly you are not to leave the house until you are proven trust worthy, and how about if it sounds like a dumb idea you need to run it by me before you do it."

The look of anger and worry flashing through Ryders eyes hurt my stomach. He must be so mad at me it almost makes me want to cry.

After he got done talking he walked out the door and left me.

I looked at the nightstand the clock read 11:47, I shivered and stood up off the bed I went to the hamper I found a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie I pulled them on but I was still cold like goosebumps cold even underneath I went over and huddled under the covers.