escape

In the last second I decided to stay, I shifted my weight from foot to foot and squared my shoulders with his looking at the floor.

Trying not to show how fast I was breathing I felt like a rabbit again completely trapped.

"Why are you so scared of me?"

I didn't respond I felt like my arm was itching I reached down and felt my cast. I still couldn't gather the courage to look up at him so I just started shifting my arm.

Maybe I'm scared because when I didn't listen last night you said things wouldn't go well for me how about that and what does that mean?

He spoke again, "I never hit you and I'm doing everything I can to be gentle why are you so scared?"

Ryder said just above a whisper.

I finally looked him in the eyes, "I uh I don't know you just looked mad when I took food but I put it back s-so all good right?"

I gave him a small fake smile my stomach made another noise this time it felt like I might throw up my emotions are too intense and switching too fast for me to focus between that and hunger, I kind of just wanted to go back and lay down.

"I wasn't mad that you were eating. I take great pride in making sure everyone in my pack is well fed and taken care of my mate at the top of the list. I wasn't exactly happy that you didn't even grab a whole waffle no wonder you look so small you don't eat enough."

"So I can eat and you won't get mad?"

His eye brows scrunched and he shook his head almost as if he couldn't believe I would ask such a stupid question.

I walked over and gingerly picked up my food taking it over to the counter.

................,

The waffle might have been the best food I've ever eaten every bite melted on my tongue and there must have been chocolate chips melted into the batter because you could taste them.

After a little while Ryder excused himself to his office. I guess and he left Shawn to babysit I walked around the house a little.

I saw some passages I didn't see in my hysteria and then at the very back of the house there was a wall with a very faded looking door.

There were scuff marks and it looked old compared to the very moderate inner house I looked for Shawn who I told I was going to the bathroom five minutes ago and was waiting for me in the living room.

Then after checking and not seeing him I tried the door and the handle turned I pulled it open a crack to see daylight flow in the wind catching me and making me bite my lip I have to find a coat and shoes I thought. I stepped back inside.

This is my escape this is how I'm going to get out of here all I need to do is get across the huge lawn to the woods.

I can't see the whole lawn from here because of the angle of the house I don't dare step outside if anyone sees me my whole plan could be ruined.

Once I get to the woods I need to walk in one direction till I get out of the woods I mean we had to get here somehow I'll run into a road hitchhike and ask for help and then I will be home free.

I need to set an exact timeline for this all to go down or else I'm going to chicken out because if those woods look that scary in broad daylight it's going to take some serious self convincing to get myself to do it at night.

I walked back into the living room pretending to wipe my hands on my leggings to seem like I'm drying them and then I went and sat next to Shawn being around him makes me a little unsteady.