Scared

"Why are you scared of me?" Ryder asked.

"You could kill me o-or..." I trailed off and stopped before I gave him ideas.

"I could kill you but I won't because you are important."

He didn't even deny it all I heard was him say I could kill you now that's all I can think about.

I knew he wasn't going to let me go all the tears in the world weren't going to save me from him I needed to grow up and escape.

I didn't respond to his question I just laid there and wiped my tears. I did my best to relax my features. Ryder climbed onto the bed and laid beside me not touching me but I could feel the warmth coming off of him in waves. It must have been earlier then I originally thought because as I look around and peered out the window I notice it is still dark.

I was so cold for no reason even under the covers the side of my body facing away from his was so cold I felt like I was going to freeze I started to shiver a little bit Ryder looked asleep who knows if he actually is from earlier I know he is very good at faking it.

As the minutes ticked by I only seemed to get colder. I usually tend to be on the warmer side of things so this was just weird the warmth coming off of Ryder was so enticing I felt so cold.

After twenty minutes I just couldn't take it I lightly rolled over and placed my arm on Ryders chest almost so lightly he might not feel it and the side of my leg pressed up against his I was instantly better.

I felt like someone put me in and incubator. I heard Ryder rumble in what seemed like satisfaction beneath me before rolling on his side to face me stretching his arm out and wrapping it around me he pulled me flat to his chest so our heads were inches apart.

I also felt him stick his knee between my legs I didn't want it to but it felt good. I felt at home maybe more than I ever did at my actual home.

For some reason I couldn't keep my guard up this close to him I felt like all I really wanted to do was kiss him I mean his eyes are closed I'm sure he wouldn't even notice I did it... oh my gosh I am actually considering kissing my kidnapper maybe I'm just insane and that's why none of this makes any sense. All I can think about is every time I look at him he gets more handsome.

"Are you watching me?"

His voice rumbled beside me I could see a small smile forming on his lips

I swear I almost jumped out of my skin every hair on my body felt electrified his voice made me want to kiss him even more.

"Could we talk sir?" I squealed

The tiny smile he was wearing instantly fell and he opened his eyes, "You are my equal you don't have to speak to me with such formalities call me Ryder."

"Okay Ryder could you tell me why I'm here?"

"Not yet but soon you need to settle in before taking on anymore stress."

He rolled over and stepped out of bed making me instantly cold, "Why do you keep it so cold in here?" Maybe he would answer some of my smaller questions.

His eyebrows scrunched, "It's like eighty degrees." he pointed to the thermostat and sure enough it was right around eighty degrees.

I looked down at the goosebumps on my arms why am I so cold then I thought, am I sick?

I heard Ryder speak, "Don't worry the mate bond has a way to keep mates together when they need each other most." Nothing he just said made any sense but I didn't voice this I felt my stomach grumble.