Ryder and Shawn

I'm so sick of people, my battery to deal with them and their crap is officially gone. I'm doing what I want from now on.

I carried the cupcakes to the party room downstairs where all the adults were hanging out.

When I went in all the adults were laying on the floor laughing the guys were playing poker at a small card table and I saw a wine glass and two Capri Suns on top of the bar.

I set the Capri Suns on top of the cupcakes container and held the wine glass in the bend of my elbow.

I mumbled to myself, "What a fantastic day it's been."

I walked out and decided I just wanted to sit in the lobby. I set all the cupcakes down on the coffee table the I picked up a Capri Sun and used the straw to make a hole in the side then I ripped it across and dumped it in the wine glass I slumped in the chair.

I could hear the air-conditioner kicking on and off.

Not one other person was with me I looked around there wasn't even anyone at the reception desk.

Everything is perfect at the moment. No one to tell me to get lost, no one to yell at me, and most importantly this chair is comfy enough. I may just sleep out here.

Right as I was about to doze off I heard the ding of the lobby door opening. I glared at the fire place could these idiots have come in at a worse time? Two more minutes and I would have been out cold.

I twisted around in my seat ready to give whoever it was the evil eye but as I looked at them I knew I should just turn back around and keep my mouth shut.

These men looked a little scary, maybe intimidating would be a better word I felt the need to kneel below them for some reason.

One was in an all black suit and cuff links and the other was only in dress pants and a white dress shirt, with the sleeves wrapped up to his biceps which were very very big.

He caught my eye he was tall, I could tell he was very well muscled, and he looked like he was really mad about something whispering in harsh tones to the other guy.

I watched them drooling a little till they got to the center of the lobby not one of them glanced at me.

Then out of nowhere like he smelled something, the one in the dress shirt, raised his nose and sniffed the air.

Then his head turned to me he had the most beautiful brown eyes I have every seen. They matched his warm tan skin I could only pray for, his eyes seemed to flash when he saw me like he was both surprised and happy to see me.

He gave me a small smile and I think I almost fell off the chair, I felt an intense pull to walk to him and touch him.

Then I regained my senses I quickly swung around geez stalker much? I must have stared at him for a good minute and a half, and I didn't even awkwardly look away when he caught me.

I picked up my wine glass and took a sip of the juice as if it would really soothe my nerves.

It didn't.

I could hear partially what one of the men said to each other, "are you sure.....human girl..... how.....want to do this."

I heard no response but a few minutes later they both came over and sat down, Mr. Dress shirt sat next to me and the other sat on a couch across from us.

I became very interested in my nail polish and tapping my nails against each other. Trying to figure out why of all the couches these two sat so close to me.

Mr. Dress shirt cleared his throat and spoke, "Hello my name is Ryder, and that's Shawn over there." I looked up, and he pointed over at the other man on the couch, but I just couldn't drag my gaze off of his eyes it was like he was staring straight through me.

He stuck out his hand to shake and I softly set my wine glass down and debated whether I should shake or not but it would be far too rude to just look at his hand.

Cautiously I reached out and shook his hand he had a firm grip on my hand his fingers warmed mine up and tingles ran down my spine I squeaked, "Hi I'm Vivian." A few seconds later I was still holding his hand.

Why am I'm holding his hand it's not like he's pulling away but I certainly need to I'm acting like a weirdo. "You can have a cupcake if you'd like." I said to cover up my embarrassment.

Right then I wanted to die, so stupid, these men look important and respected and they probably have a meeting soon why would he want one of your stupid, poorly frosted cupcakes.

Much to my surprise both men leaned forward and took one. A small smile reached my face for the first time tonight.

Mr. Dress shirt or Ryder, smelled amazing and when he leaned forward he practically touched me, almost like he did it on purpose.

His hair looked fluffy, it was pitch black and styled to perfection but it looked a little like he just got out of bed in a cute kind of way it was right in front of me and I really wanted to touch it, it was like an inhuman urge to touch him, I've never experienced before.

My hand without my permission reached out and touched his sleeve the second I felt the fabric I came to, and knew I just messed up.

When he sat up he gave me a big smile and I blushed really hard and whispered, "Sorry." Hoping he'd think it was an accident.

He looked at me and smiled like he was going to say something but I grabbed my juice and looked away gosh I'm so weird why did I do that?

It was like I was in some sort of trance I think I'm just exhausted I looked down and drank some of my juice.

"Did you make these?" Ryder asked as he pointed at his cupcake.

"Um no I just frosted them." I responded.

"Well that's the best part." Ryder said, My stomach fluttered is he flirting with me?

He smirked at me and I'm not sure what told me this but I just knew he never had trouble at school or got in trouble in fact I bet people worshipped him there was just this power flowing off him in waves and he had a mischievous glint in his eye I bet whoever he's around gets into a lot of trouble too.

There was something about him though, something weird buzzed in my chest every time he looked at me. Not in a bad way though the exact opposite, it was like I was happier with him sitting here. Which is just dumb 'cause I didn't even know his name a minute ago.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I was able to work up the courage to ask.

Ryder swallowed his bite of cupcake and said, "We are here on business. You?"

"Um I'm here to watch my sister play in a basketball tournament."

I took another sip of my juice.

I set my juice down. Relaxed in the seat just because these guys came and sat doesn't mean I can't still fall asleep after all that's what I came here to do.