Lost Time

Hereford Base; Gym

August 3rd, 2021

Derek POV

You placed a 45 lb plate onto the bar and slid underneath it. Sean was right behind you ready to spot when you shoo'd him away

Mickey: What?

Derek: This isn't anything difficult. I'm warming up.

Mickey: My bad, you forget that it's been awhile since we worked out at the same time.

Derek: Well, you could've looked over at the board and seen what peoples PR's are.

Mickey: You know me, why would I even bat an eye at that when I can focus on my own things.

You gripped the bar and lifted it off the rack

Derek: Because... you are the designated sniper... so it's only right... that you... keep a keen eye on things.

You placed the bar back on the rack and sat up. You went and grabbed two 25s and started to head back over to the bar

Mickey: So it's been a bit since our last major op, what's the plan stepping forward?

Derek: The plan is... well I'm quite unsure.

Mickey: You aren't sure what's going to happen after?

Derek: No, most we know is that Felix is alive. But if neither of the mask bases had him, and Nighthaven doesn't have him. Where the hell could he be?

Mickey: Maybe he's just not here anymore.

Derek: They wouldn't leave out that he died a second time, perhaps they knew their bases were under attack so they left out information on things. Specifically the info Mark found about that new group.

Mickey: You really think there's a new group?

Derek: It's what Mark Found, and I trust his word with whatever he finds.

Mickey: Whatever you say...

Date: August 15th, 2021

Time: 1:25 AM

Hereford Base

You felt your eyes start to close but you slapped yourself a couple of times to keep yourself awake. Mark, who was sitting next to you, looked over just as tired

NATO: I don't understand, In the years I've had doing this shit, why am I struggling to find a lead on this.

Derek: Because who the hell knows.

NATO: You know you don't gotta suffer with me here, go get some sleep.

Derek: If I'm gonna be commanding this squad, I might aswell suffer along with you. It wouldn't be fair to leave you alone.

NATO: But it's been fucking days and we still have no clue where Felix is and who the hell this new boss is.

Derek: And sending Robert out with the rest of 052 is coming up with nothing aswell. Maybe we should just throw in the towel for the time being.

NATO: For you to be accepting the facts to something is...

Derek: New?

NATO: More like out of character.

Derek: Times changed. I'm tired, you're tired, just gotta face facts that we have to let this case go for the time being until we can find something later on.

NATO: Yea, I'm sorry we couldn't find anything else.

Derek: Don't be, I'm glad we atleast found a hint. Place everything in a secure file and get some sleep man. You deserve it.