The Lockdown

Dallas, Texas

Date: June 6th, 2021

Time: 2:34 P.M.

Derek POV

You were sitting on the couch in the living room watching T.V. while attempting to bullet walk a 9mm round.

Derek: Damnit...

Sean was sitting on another couch with Veronica drinking his coffee while watching you fail again, and again, and again.

Mickey: Dude like I said 20 minutes ago, it's not possible, you'd have better success with you HKs 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.

Derek: Which I can already bullet walk, but I need to learn how to bullet walk with this 9mm.

Mickey: Its too small.

Derek: Its just the right length.

Mickey: That sounds so wrong.

Derek: You trying to compensate?

Mickey: You wanna take this upstairs and measure?

Someone started knocking on the wall and you looked up towards the second floor and saw Mark staring down at the three of you.

NATO: Dont mean to intrude on your fruity conversation, but I'd recommend switching to Channel 11.

Sean did as he was told and switched the channel. The news title was "Galleria Mall under lockdown". You looked over at Sean and then back to the T.V.

Hick: 10 minutes ago the Galleria mall was stormed by a group of masked individuals donning white. It's suspected that they are the white masks that have slowly become more and more of a threat worldwide... Dallas police have surrounded the complex with the Texas National Guard and have so far been unable to enter the building.

You looked back over at Sean and he started to shake his head.

Mickey: Nope, I specifically told Harry I wasn't doing anything while on my vacation.

Derek: I wasn't asking you.

Mickey: What're you gonna do, run in their with one of my kitchen knives?

Derek: Nope...

He took a second to think and then realized once he saw you were holding the 9mm cartridge.

Mickey: Oh God damnit, you brought your glock with you, didn't you.

Derek: You're so dense sometimes.

You walked upstairs and into your room that you were sharing with Franklin. You put on your vest over your T-shirt and holstered your glock while also putting the 2 mags on your vest with your knife. You put on your balaclava, walked out of your room and back down the stairs.

Mickey: Dude, what are you doing.

Derek: Helping. George, Key me.

He opened up a drawer and tossed you your dodge keys as you walked out of the door. You got into your 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and drove towards the Galleria Mall.

You arrived at the mall and parked your car outside of the police barricade. You got out and ran towards the police and national guard but was stopped.

Officer: This is a restricted area, get back in your vehicle and leave.

Derek: Well by the looks of things, you guys haven't made much of a dent.

Officer: Sir, I'm not going to ask again, leave this area.

Derek: Oh for the love of christ...

You showed him your I.D. and he examined it.