A Day With Ela

Brighton, UK

Derek POV

You were driving through the streets of Brighton as you gave Ela a nudge to wake her up.

Ela: *groans* Five more minutes.

Derek: Ela, we're here.

Ela: Oh we are? Didn't feel that long.

Derek: Because you fell asleep 10 minutes after we left base.

Ela: I'm not a long drive person.

Derek: I'm starting to see why no one wanted to drive you, or why you didn't want to drive.

Ela: Now you're getting the hang of it.

You pulled into a parking lot and you both got out of your Ginetta G40. You opened the trunk and grabbed your HK-416c and closed your trunk. You looked over and noticed Ela was giving you a questionable stare.

Derek: What?

Ela: We're hanging out, not you being a bodyguard.

Derek: I have to be ready at all times.

Ela: You don't do this when you go out to drink with the boys.

Derek: Because they're my boys.

Ela: Whatever you say, just don't cause a scene.

Derek: It's only an HK-416c, you know an assault rifle that isn't civilian legal. That actually sounded wrong when I said that.

Ela: And you just proved my point.

Derek: Whatever, they can bitch at me later if they want. So where did you want to go?

Ela: Just some stores, maybe a place to eat, and just walk around. You gonna be ok in all black and with all that gear?

Derek: I was deployed in Afghanistan for nearly 4 years, I'll be fine.

Ela: Whatever you say.

You both walked away from your car and walked around Brighton. You noticed people staring at you while you and Ela were walking. Some looked frightened, others didn't care because they must've thought you were cosplaying, and others showed happiness. Ela saw a store that peaked her interest and tugged your shoulder.

Ela: I wanna go in here real quick.

Derek: You're a 32 year old woman, why're you asking for permission?

Ela: Because look.

You looked over and saw that it was a Victorias Secret.

Derek: Go ahead, but I'm not going inside.

Ela: But what if I need someone to see how I look?

Derek: There's employees.

She rolled her eyes and walked into the store. You stood outside of the store leaning against a wall. You gripped your HK-416 keeping your finger away from the trigger and checking to see the safety was on. Some pedestrians walked past you and give you a quick glance. You could tell they noticed your R6 and American flag patches since you heard them say something while walking away.

British Woman: Americans...

30 minutes went by and Ela finally came out of the store.

Ela: I found what I liked.

Derek: I don't know whether to say that's good or not but, we'll go with that.

Ela: Come on follow me.