miscommunication

tw: alcoholism... yeaaaaaa

"We're stopping at McDonalds." Wilbur says with a dead-serious face. "Can we stop at a cafe instead? I'd much rather drink a coffee than eat fast food." Y/n says, hoping her genuine dislike towards McDonalds will convince Wilbur. "Of course, Princess." Wilbur says after a short pause, smirking.

Y/n feels her stomach tie in knots and her face heat up as she can't stop smiling. Wilbur gets into the car and smiles at the effect he has on Y/n. Y/n gets in shortly after, still blushing. She immediately grabs the ox chord and puts on a song she loves dearly.

Lovers Rock - TV Girl

"Lovers Rock?" Wilbur asks, a bit taken aback by the song about romance chosen by the girl he has a crush on.

Y/n has been thinking about giving incredibly direct and possibly risky hints to Wilbur for a while now, but this is one of the first time she's done so.

"Yes, William, Lovers Rock." Y/n says as she smiles with a tint of pink on her cheeks and a smile on her face. She knows that no matter how in love with him she might be, she can't just say that. She's never been able to just say that.

"Are you sick of me?
Would you like to be?
I'm trying to tell you something,
Something that I already said."

Y/n sings as she looks directly at Wilbur.

Oh, wow...

They both sing most of the song until the dialogue comes up and they just stare at each other.

Now, how many men have you kissed?
Very few.
But you offered me a kiss. Why?
Such a foolish reason, I'm afraid. I just wanted to kiss you.
(if youre confused just go to the last like minute of lovers rock)

As the song ends completely, the both of them just stare at each other. They've already driven to the nearest cafe, but they can't seem to move out of their seats as they just stare. The silence is filled with tension that only the 2 of them can feel. The both of them are thinking the exact same thing.

Should I kiss her?
Should I kiss him?

But neither of them actually do anything about it.

Finally, the silence is broken by the next song.

What Once Was - Her's

"Uhh, I think we should go inside?" Wilbur says, still staring into Y/n's eyes, unable to look away.

"Why? I love this song." Y/n says, doing the same. The both of them stare into each other's souls, but Wilbur's phone rings, ruining everything.

"Uhh... yeah?" Wilbur says as he puts his phone to his ear while maintaining eye contact with Y/n.

What the fuck is happening...

"You free? I wanted to know if we're still up for today's date. We had planned to meet like 20 minutes ago and you still haven't showed!" a girl's voice echoes through Wilbur's phone speaker, loud enough for Y/n to hear 3 things.

today
date
planned

Before Wilbur has the chance to say anything more than what Y/n's heard, she's out of the car.

It could be a wrong number.
It could be a platonic date.
It could be a mistake.
A miscommunicated error.
A simple slip up.

But, god, does it sting.

As if on cue, the rain starts pouring. A dramatic and well known hollywood scene happening to a really distressed and angry person.

She's running the the cold rain, hair soaked, makeup running down and, most importantly, the sudden urge to do something irresponsible.

Drugs? Expensive.
Suicide? Nah.
Harmful actions? Hm... nope.
Alcohol? Bingo.

As Y/n blindly runs, she realises she's almost home. She runs into the building, hearing a distant Wilbur yell for a chance to explain.

He could explain, I'm being a bitch.
But... now I have a valid reason to be an alcoholic.

Y/n unlocks her door, locks it behind her.
Kicks off her shoes, runs to her closet.

I wanna stream.

She picks out a feisty outfit, one that would attract male attention. She ends up with a short-cut, body fitting and very revealing dress. She rushes to her makeup and puts on hot, extreme, attractive makeup. She changes into the dress, fixes her hair and turns on her PC.

Before she can properly think about what she's doing, she's on stream, taking shots alone.

Nihachu: can i join you?
fatboibaba: so sexy
fatboibaba has been permanently banned
bainnityu: you look stunning!

"NIKI!!! Oh my god, girl, yes! C'mere, take shots with me. Also, chat is disgusting, but thanks for the compliments!" Y/n says as she pours herself some more vodka. "Now, I have no intention to mix up cocktails, but I think the taste of fanta can help! I have some fanta and I don't know how it got here." Y/n says.

Wilbur got it for me, because I was feeling like I had low blood sugar.

As Y/n swallows a shot of vodka and an after-shot of fanta, she receives a call from Niki. "Niki's calling me!" Y/n grabs her phone and picks up. "Heya!" Y/n says into her phone, feeling a bit tipsy. Niki asks if she can actually come over and drink, and if she has to be in a hot dress or nah.

"100% you can, anytime. Also, it's optional, but yes, you have to." Y/n says, smiling at first and then doing a comedically serious face at the end statement. Niki agrees and hangs up, saying she'll be there in about 20 as she does so. Y/n talks to chat and the 20 minutes pass quicker than expected.

"Y/N!!!" Niki says as she enters the apartment and hugs Y/n tightly. "NIKI!!!" Y/n does the same. They go over to Y/n's stream, compliment each other, and...

drink.

—————
dont hate me for this chapter... pls...