laughter

Y/n admired how Tommy made the drink. He also made one for himself.

Now, that Tommy has called Y/n creepy for watching Tommy, they're both going to the office.

"So, how'd you end up in Brighton?" Tommy asks the tired looking girl walking beside him. "Well... I needed a change and Brighton offices are cheaper. Plus, I was looking for inspiration. I've been working on an album." Y/n says, taking a sip of her unappealing drink. Tommy had added some sort of chocolate or something.

"NO WAY! That's sick!" Tommy says in his genuine voice. His video persona is basically an extreme version of him, so seeing his laid back personality is quite refreshing for Y/n. "Yeah! I'm done with the first song and today I should record everything for the second one. I think today I'm gonna record my second favourite song, actually!" Y/n says, a hint of real joy in her tone.

She did write depressing songs, but self expression makes her happy in a way.

"That's awesome... Awh, I'm so fucking proud of how far you've come. I still remember calling the ambulance for you, so this makes me incredibly happy. Being able to walk to your office simply drinking coffee is something I wanted to do back in London. I wished that you would get better to the point of complete freedom. I'm glad to see you're making your way up." Tommy says, staring at the sky in deep thought.

"I'm sorry... I burdened you with all my shit back then and... you were only sixteen or something... You didn't deserve that." Y/n says, realising just how much guilt she feels towards the past with Tommy. "I don't think you burdened me. As weird as it may sound, you helped me." Tommy says, genuinely smiling at Y/n once again.

He's too precious for this world.

"I love ya', man. I feel like you're my platonic soulmate." Y/n says, looking at the sky instead of Tommy. "Ew, cooties." Tommy says before breaking into a loud wheeze. Y/n can't help but give into his contagious laugh. She covers her smile, though. She hates her smile and laugh.

They calm down and continue walking and discussing anything from politics to Minecraft roleplaying.

-

As the both of them approach the office building where Y/n works, they spot both Toby and Wilbur stood just outside.

"TUBS!" Tommy screams and runs over to Toby.

Clingy duo... very fitting name, especially from Tommy's side.

Y/n walks over to the three and takes a fake sip of her drink.

This drink is literally a biohazard. I think I'm developing diabetes with every second I stand near it.

It was a great way to stop her from just awkwardly standing around and watching Tommy and Toby mess around. "Hey." Wilbur says to Y/n. She snaps back to reality. "Oh, hey. I actually was planning on talking to you once I arrived. I have a recording day again today, so... I'd appreciate some quiet?" she says, unsure of herself. She felt wrong for telling someone who pays for an office to shut up.

"Oh, yeah! As I said, just knock on the wall if I need to quiet down. I should however warn you for tomorrow. I'm gonna have a couple of-" Wilbur gets cut off. "I can already sense you wanna be apologetic, but that's just silly. You rent this office, you should be able to use it. Plus, tomorrow's an editing day for me, so I don't even mind. Just enjoy yourself tomorrow so you can be at least slightly quiet the following day." Y/n says.

"You make a good point. A very intellectual individual, you are." Wilbur says. "You're radiating the same energy as the new Sorry Boys video." Y/n says with a completely straight face. Wilbur, on the other hand, cannot take this seriously and almost falls over due to laughter.

His laugh is so pure...

You can hear that it's not forced and that he's not ashamed of finding something entertaining. You can hear joy through the language of his laughter.

Wait, why am I focusing on his laughter?

Pull your shit together, Y/n.

After Wilbur gathers himself and Y/n gathers her thoughts, they head into the building. "Okay, I'm assuming Tommy and Tubbo are streaming in my office... so... I'll just tell them to shut up." Wilbur says and walks to his office. Y/n heads to her's and hears Wilbur tell the boys off through her wall.

Did they really just stream for his office with no warning or anything?

She locks her office and walks over to her setup. She gets her laptop ready, connects the microphone and headphones and knocks on her wall. She used morse code to say "shh", shushing the three loud men instantly. She then began recording the song she planned on calling "Saline Solution".

-

"Do you like Y/n?" Toby asks Wilbur. "Yeah, she's cool." Wilbur says without thinking too much about it. "I BEG YOUR FUCKING PARDON?" Toby yells. As soon as he yells that, all three men look over to the wall, which is getting knocked on.

"S... H... H. Shh? Like shush?" Wilbur says, then remembering what Y/n said mere minutes ago. "Oh yeah, be quiet. She's recording vocals and instrumentals today. The tiniest sound can disrupt the whole song, trust me." Wilbur explains. The other boys simply nod and move one.

Only then does Wilbur realise that he said he likes Y/n.

Oops...

—————
and that's a wrap!

also, anyone else madly in love with wilbur at this point. not even in a romantic or seggsual manner, just his way of comforting and laugh and literally... i sound creepy, i know.

(im literally aroace, dont come for me)