migraine

As Y/n gets ready, she realises that she needs to do something new. She's getting bored of her h/c hair and streetwear style. She needs to try something new, but she doesn't know what, so she leaves it be. She simply picks out a regular outfit and changes into it.

(you can change it but it should stay in the same vibe)

She drinks her daily dose of medicine accompanied my migraine pills and heads off to the office.

-

When she arrives at the office building, she's not greeted by anyone but the realisation of having to record today. She doesn't feel like it, but she knows that today's song fits her mood at the moment, so she hopes it goes well.

As she enters her office and gets to her setup, she feels her migraine worsen, but ignores it. She simply sets up her laptop, grabs her guitar and starts recording.

"The cute bomber jacket you've had since sixth form
Adorned with patches of places you've been
Is nothing on my khaki coat I got
From a roadside when I was sixteen

My boots are from airports
My backpack's from friends
I'm not a man of substance, and so I'll pretend
To be a wanderer, wondering
Leaving ascetic belongings in hostels and restaurant bins

The roads are my home, horizon's my target
If I keep on moving, never lose sight of it
Treating my memory of you like a fire, let it
Burn out, don't fight it, and try to move on

It's been sixty weeks since I saw Vienna
A bandage and a wide smile slapped across my face
I'll pick up my hiking boots when I am ready
And I'll put down my roots when I'm dead

The distance is futile
Come on, don't be hasty
You'll get that feeling deep inside your bones
I'll be gone then, for when you must be alone"

As she finishes the main recording, she feels her eyes water with tears. This song is just pure emotion and avoidance of said emotion through traveling and such. Her migraine worsens with each tear she drops, but it's fine. She simply needs to record a few more back up vocals and then start on the minor editing. This song is the rawest one so far, so she'll probably be able to record the next one tomorrow.

As she listens back, she hears a knock on her wall.

Does that mean I need to shut the fuck up?

But then the simple knocks turn into morse code.

-... . .- ..- - .. ..-. ..- .-..
(beautiful)

Y/n knocks back a quick "ty" and gets back to recording. It's only a few extra vocals, so she gets done fairly quickly and then just edits it all together. She still hasn't named this song, so she does just that while saving the file.

"Since I Saw Vienna"

Since she's done after only an hour, she decides to simply jam a bit, not wanting to record.

She sings the song "Like a Tattoo" by Sade. It's a comforting song for her, but when she gets to a certain part, she feels euphoria and a certain calmness wash over her.

"I remember his hands
And the way the mountains looked
The light shot diamonds from his eyes
Hungry for life
And thirsty for the distant river"

She continues with the rest of the song and feels calm and comforted by the music she just played. Music has always been extremely meaningful for Y/n. It flows through her and let's her understand the world and herself just a bit better.

The next song she plays is "Sarah" by Alex G. She doesn't play the whole song, though. Just the intro. It's the best part of the song, so she doesn't bother with the rest.

-
It's 7pm.

Y/n would usually stay for longer, but she hasn't really done anything for the album in the last 5 hours, so she decides to head home. She tidies up her office and opens the door, locking it after exiting.

"Hey, Y/n." Wilbur says, walking into the office building. "Oh, hey!" Y/n replies. She tries her best not to wince at the horrible migraine she's been battling all day. "I really like having you right next door. You're music is impeccable." Wilbur says, widely smiling at Y/n.

His smile is so precious...

"Thanks. That means a lot." Y/n says, putting her keys in her bag and turning to fully face Wilbur. "I'm actually done for the day. Wanna come meet Tommy with me?" Wilbur suggests. "I wouldn't wanna interfere." Y/n says and starts putting in her earbuds. "You wouldn't be. I'm inviting you. You're welcome to join." Wilbur says.

"Still, you had plans with him and I wouldn't wanna get in the way. Have fun though, and tell him to send me the details on his vlog." Y/n says as she walks out.

Truth is, she wanted to go with Wilbur, but her little brain told her she's unneeded. Plus, her migraine was worsening, so she needed to go to a pharmacy. She walked in the opposite direction of her apartment to go to the pharmacy, but her thoughts were interrupted.

"Where are you going?" Wilbur yells from the entrance of the office building. "City centre. I need some medicine." Y/n yells back. "I can drive you there?" Wilbur offers with a smile. "You don't have to." Y/n yells. "But I want to! Now get your stubborn ass over here." Wilbur yells with a wide smile.

God, this man...

As Y/n walks in the direction of Wilbur, she feels herself positively shaking in a way. She doesn't understand the positive nervousness she feels. She's never felt this nervousness before. She likes it, though.

Wilbur, on the other hand, knows exactly what the feeling means. The way he wants to hide his face from Y/n whenever she smiles means he's flustered and he knows it. He's in denial, though, so he avoids the thought of what his fluttering feelings could lead to.

—————
its mcc day!